“Casino Only - Did not stay in the Hotel.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #57 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 13 August 2017

WARNING: DO NOT EAT AT THE BUFFET!

My friend and I purchased a Summer home in the East Mountains of Sandia Park. We decided to visit the local Casinos in the area. We tried Sandia Casino and Resort and loved it. The food was great and the games were plenty, The Racetrack Casino was okay also, but we did not eat there.

When we went to Route 66, they have plenty of gaming and the atmosphere was somewhat mediocre, and, we were hungry so we ate at the buffet. DON"T DO IT! We were extremely sick afterwards, My friend almost didn't make it home before he was sick, and about an hour later I was sick as can be. We both think it was the meat labeled "Filet Mignon" which tasted "fishy" to me so I only ate two bites, but my friend at the whole thing which accounts for his almost immediate reaction to it.

As for the overall staff of the Casino. They are unpleasant, (accept for the waitresses and desk staff), but from security, to the managers, they are not accommodating to their guest whatsoever. In all my travels going to Casinos, this was by far the worst I have ever been to.

I highly recommend, if you are in the Area of Albuquerque, go to Sandia Resort and Casino and bypass this one all together!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank William B
There are newer reviews for Route 66 Casino Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Decided to give the hotel one more try. The Good: nice bed good furnishings. The Bad: small bathroom, ok TV. The Ugly: no internet service, loud air conditioner, poor lighting, bathroom door that you cannot leave open, lousy shower. Showy and convenient going into Albuquerque from the west and coupled with a casino makes it appealing. But pass on by. Th staff that checked us in were slow and not friendly. Not a good experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This hotel was not good. The non smoking room smelled so strongly of smoke. The air conditioner was so loud it kept us up all night. The bedding smelled of musty, moldy really smelly sheets - yuk. Not enough dining when there is a concert. No cups in the room for water. I will not stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suadams5319
Reviewed 16 July 2017

If you want a hotel room that is cool, this is not the place to stay. I see I am not the first to make this comment. I have stayed here numerous times. But, in the summer, I can't sleep here. The air conditioners are set to not use too much energy, hence, they do not get the room cool. I cannot sleep in a hot room. In this recent stay, i had maintanence come up, and they set it lower, to no avail. The unit just cooled for a moment or so, then just started blowing warm air. I like the furnishings, and the room is very nce. But I will have to stay elsewhere in the summer months.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east side of the hotel, so that the afternoon heat does not make your room stiflin...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stopped here on our way from Denver to Phoenix. The rooms are very clean and spacious. Bathrooms were very clean too, beds comfortable too! The casino was raffling off jet skis and off road 4 wheeler. It was fun to watch! The casino has a non smoking area with slot machines for those of us that don't smoke. I didn't think the smoking areas were that bad either. This is a fun place for Adults. Try it you just may like it! Staff were very friendly and accommodating!

Room Tip: VIP rooms are on the 6th floor!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is not a good place to stay. Non smoking room smelled strongly of smoke. Air conditioner did not work and was so loud that it was impossible to sleep. Overall a bad experience. My advice is do not stay there. The restaurant is fair so if you just want to eat and don't mind the smell it would probably be okay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We visited this casino for an afternoon of fun & relaxation and found it clean, well maintained a fit was not smoky. The staff was very friendly and served soft drinks often. We will return and enjoyed the restaurant and wll review separately.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple