“An oasis on I-40”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #52 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 10 September 2010

After a long day of driving, we were looking for a place to stay other than on the RV.

The room was awesome. Comfy beds, clean and full amenities (Hilton Vegas should take note). Staff was excellent and friendly.

We had breakfast in the restaurant near the check in desk and the service, food and menu was great at a very reasonable price. Again, Hilton Vegas could stand to take some lessons here in taking care of guests,

We spent a little time in the casino as well and walked out happy with a few extra ucks to boot.

A very enjoyable stay that will be on our list anytime we are on thay stretch of 40.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Captain S

Reviewed 1 September 2010

On the way to the Grand Canyon, we stopped at the Route 66 casino after being on the road for over 20 hours. Being tired and hungry, we attempted to check into our rooms. Rooms were advertised at $79 per night which was why we chose this casino over others which were over $150 per night. The desk clerk asked how many people per room. Being honest, I stated 4 in one and 2 in the other. She then informed me the rates would go up to $99 for the 4 person room. Throughout the entire exchange, the girl would not smile, was very cold, and very unfriendly. Being a little annoyed at being jipped by the fine print I then told her I just needed a room for two people. Then very snotty, she stated well you just told me 4 people so you're getting charged for 4 people. I the stated fine, I'm tired and just wat to go to bed. At that point, we attempted to eat supper at the steak house. The wait staff had the exact rude, cold unfriendly attitudes. We had to seat ouselves even though a waitress rolling siverware saw us waiting but ignored us. When we asked for water, our waitress rolled her eyes and walked away without responding. Being very offended, we just left.
The next morning, we discovered there was not enough wash cloths for the 4 people in our room even though we were charged extra money. When I brought this to the desk clerks attention (different girl) she stated (with same cold rude attitude) well you should have called for some. I then stated so if I'm wet in the shower I'm expected, because of a mistake made by the housekeeper or the girl that checked us into a room supplied for only 2 people, I'm expected to call then wait for someone to bring a washcloth. I demanded my money back for the extra fee since we did not receive the extra supplies that fee covered. She then stated she would not refund the money. We asked to see a manager and she stated he would not be on duty for another two hours. Feeling very jilted and helpless to do anything about it, we had no choice except to leave.
We will not stop on our way back through. We will tell everone we meet about our horrible experience. Every person with the exception of one bellhop seemed like they could care less about our comfort and more about our money.

• Stayed: September 2010
6  Thank Virginiatexas
Reviewed 30 July 2010

DINGY. SKIP ALBUQUERQUE. This is out second time driving through, we've stopped for the night both times off I-40. It is on the far West side past the city, it was the goal to pass Albuquerque, a dirty, scarry place. A far cry from the Balloon Festivals to the North.This time we tried Route 66 Casino, not much better than the Residennce Inn, as far as smelly rooms. We had speedy service curbside with the one and only guy that doubled as valet and bellman. We pulled in on a Thursday (maybe that's why maybe low amount of staff?) I was immediately hit in the lobby by the overwhelming smell of smoke and old cigar smell. The Hotel is only 3 years old but needs a refreshing, it appeared well furnished but just tierd. The fake plants could be thrown out in the lobby and pool area (tacky). The room we stayed in was near the elevators on the second floor, forgive me for not having the room number. It was 2nd floor directly over the hotel entrance on the freeway side.

THE ROOM: Smelly. It smelled like a musty wet odor, dunno? It had a minifridge, standard bathroom with upgraded granite counters and shower walls. The plus side they had Bath & Body Works soaps and shampoos (coconut verbina, nice) But the nice soaps did little to cut the smell of the hotel. I used an entire small bottle of my own coconut room spray, repeatidly. I expressed my concern to the front desk, they just said thank you for bringing it to our attention. OK? AND...? Flat screen was nice, updated "audix" type phone system. Decor was bright, hot colors with dark furniture. Decor was nice/ok.

THE POOL: It is an indoor pool, poor lighting, dispite the glass wall that opens up. There is a large water fall fake rock structure that goes into the pool. And tacky hand painted murals. I think a fresh coat of clean paint, tear out the fake plants on the water fall, would be an improvement. And upgrade the prison like lighting to something more fashionable. The pool is down a long hall on the main lobby floor, past the KIDS ARCADE: Kids arcade OK, but freaked out by the seemingly: large kids that appeared to be too old to be in there. Only one attendant on duty for arcade, just dingy.

RESTAURANT: We had good service and a great mexican dinner. Chilli Reanos, tacos, etc. A California Native the food was decent in the "Mexican Food" category.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RedheadedEskimo
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We just happened to stay here on our way back to Dallas from the Grand Canyon. The special room rates appealed to us; it was Thursday, and the looks of the casino just seemed lucky. The rooms are a nice size, super comfortable bed, clean and great shower. The casino itself was well ventilated, you could hardly notice the smoking. It's a nice size casino and we felt like you could really win; not like a lot of casinos where you never seem to break even. We will definitely recommend this to family traveling through New Mexico! Whether you are a gambler, or just looking for a fun and nice place to spend the night, check out this hotel/casino. We wish we weren't on a time schedule, would have loved to have stayed longer! Friendly, happy and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melaly04
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Nice stylish room above a casino with a comfortable bed. Its location is far out of Alberquerque.

It hosts concerts and events regularly, however the restaurants are expensive. If you love crab then go to their buffet where there is unlimited crab.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We travel through New Mexico on our way to Cali every summer. We make sure that we stay here on our way out and on our way back. Nice clean hotel and casino. Nice friendly people. Prices are good too. I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 31 May 2010

We went to see comedien chelsea handler and stayed at route 66. Great restaurants, fun nightclub. The staff was all incredibly friendly and helpful. Probably the best staff of anywhere we have stayed. We would definitely stay there again. The room was very nice and comfortable. The only thing that we didnt like is how far away from ABQ it really is, we spent about $100 on cab fare to go to downtown ABQ, but we were staying at route 66 since the comedy show was at that hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple