All reviewsthe main houseguest houselily padssmall kitchenettesouthwestern decornext morningdorothyabodesuitebathrefrigerator
Reviewed April 4, 2016

I have stayed at Adobe and Roses multiple times over the past couple years, and I always look forward to returning. It is quiet and private and surrounded by lush gardens and trees, and the lodging is neat and comfortable with classic adobe architecture and furnishings. Dorothy Morse, the owner, is kind and accommodating. She obviously takes pleasure in knowing that her guests are well cared for. I visit Albuquerque frequently to bike and skate on the city's extensive multi-use trail system, particularly the award winning Paseo del Bosque trail along the Rio Grande. Albuquerque's extensive trail system, the cottonwood forest, the mythic river, and great local food, make it a vacation destination. I can bike straight from Adobe and Roses down a short cool graded dirt trail to the Paseo del Norte branch of the trail system, continue briefly west to the main feature, bike south to the Nature Center or to the zoo or botanical garden or Tingley beach, picnic under cottonwoods, sit by the Rio Grande, then return at the end of a long day of biking and exploring having never had to cross a road or to share space with a car except crossing tiny Ortega Road to get to my first trail. Albuquerque was so wise to have invested in such an extensive recreational greenway. When I stay at Adobe and Roses I can't believe my good luck. Not only do I enjoy world class recreation, but at the end of the day I also get to return to the quiet oasis of Adobe and Roses for quality rest and restoration. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to take full advantage of their precious time, and who appreciates good living and good hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2016

I stayed here for a couple of nights and this place was the perfect quiet and cozy retreat. I was driving a ton and got in late and they were so accommodating. The hosts were so incredibly sweet as well. Clean, beautifully maintained and furnished bnb with a nice outside patio/courtyard area. The neighborhood is quiet as well if you're looking to stay outside of the business of the main city area. If you're looking to completely chill and get away from it all, this is a great place. I'd come back any time! Thanks guys!

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed March 27, 2016

Quiet location but not far from anything. Liked all nearby trails. Host is very attentive. Lots of flowers and animals on site. We really enjoyed our stay here. We had several fires in the kiva fireplace.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed March 25, 2016 via mobile

We drove into Albuquerque late, planning to just drive through but we were too exhausted to continue. We thought our only option would be a motel 6 but low and behold, Dorothy answered her phone and allowed us an overnight stay at 9pm, no questions asked! Not only was the Adobe decorated by what looked like a professional, but it was clean, cozy, and peppered with thoughtful amenities. Breakfast was a delight with fresh eggs from Dorothy's on-site chickens. Next time we roll through Albuquerque, we'll be sure to stay more than just one night!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2016

We located this B&B thru Google Maps. We were looking for a last minute reservation. Dorothy was a very gracious & helpful hostess. Our suite included a king sized bed, living room, kitchenette & bath. Decor very authentic. Very quiet, fireplace is a plus, fresh flowers & a freshly cooked breakfast of eggs from her chickens with fruit, bacon, asparagus & toast delivered to our room. Wish we could have stayed a couple of days.
Great location for an extended stay.

Room Tip: We chose the casita
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple