The Hawthorn Suites Albuquerque is conveniently located near the airport. This is a pleasant facility, with friendly staff, and comfortable beds...though I found the pillows uncomfortable, since they were too big and too soft... you're mileage may vary if you prefer that type of pillow.
Overall the hotel is showing it's age. We had 2 units, 1 double queen, 1 king, both air conditioners had their issues... just from age. Ours was very difficult to adjust to a comfortable temperature... either too warm or too cold. The other room's air conditioner had some broken controls and didn't blow on high... leaving the room too warm for the duration of our visit (Just a couple of weeks ago... imagine if this had been summer!!)
The shower is ok, though the control, being old, was difficult to turn. The toilet required holding the handle down to flush completely... again, a sign of age.
The breakfast was good: eggs/waffles/sausage and biscuits, potato tots, assortment of cereals, fruit, breads.
I found coffee, apart from Starbucks, universally horrible in New Mexico and this hotel's was no different :) I don't think anyone stocks good quality, ground arabica bean coffee out there... but again, this is not specific to this hotel... just be prepared!
Our rooms were on the third floor and the single hotel elevator was fairly slow, so wait times tended to be long in the mornings. The stairways were not near the centrally located elevator, but we did resort to using them from time to time. You might want to stay on the 1st or 2nd floor if you are as impatient as I am!
The hotel and rooms were kept clean, even being nearly full due to the Annual "Pow Wow", aka Gathering of Nations, being held the weekend we were there.
For the price, this hotel was a good value. However, I did not feel this was quite a 3 star hotel, although perhaps those ratings are relative to the city? Perhaps 2-2 1/2 would be more appropriate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque, New Mexico Prides Itself on Treating Every Traveler like Family. Enjoy an Extended Stay with Southwestern Hospitality in the Heart of New Mexico. Just Minutes from Downtown and Less than One Mile from Nearby Albuquerque International Airport, this Hotel is also near the University of New Mexico-UNM and the Albuquerque Convention Center. Take advantage of our Complimentary Airport Shuttle Service to and from the Airport. Whether you Stay for One Night or an Extended Stay, for Business or Leisure, our Convenient Location and Service will Cater to your Expectations and Guarantee you a Memorable Visit during your Stay in Historic Albuquerque. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and Booking.com so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Hawthorn Suites Albuquerque