“Excellent mix of flavor”
Review of Jambo Cafe ABQ

Jambo Cafe ABQ
Ranked #85 of 1,864 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Description: Chef Ahmed Obo's latest venture featuring his award-winning African and Caribbean cuisine. Enjoy an immersion into African cuisine, style, and energy with a wide variety of food choices that include vegetarian, omnivore, gluten free, and dairy free options. Chef Ahmed Obo is an award-winning Chef and is well known for his exquisite soups and stews.
Reviewed November 13, 2017

I came here to pick up an order to go. The decor was stunning with African artifacts. Business was busy. And above all food was delicious.
Jerk chicken is served with sweet plantains. Roti was heavenly. Lamb stew was delicious.

Ahmed O, Owner at Jambo Cafe ABQ, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Thank you! Come back soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

This place was more like a 3.5. I don't think I would find myself saying I really want to go to Jambo. I order the hummus wrap, mixed fries and tofu. The wrap came topped with some amazing goat cheese, I did find myself adding salt to the rest of the ingredients. I was able to taste some curry which was on the blander side and needed some additional seasoning and salt. The highlight was the fries, they were both really good especially with the yellow sauce they came with.

Thank you for stopping in.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

this place is minutes away from me. Finally! a great tasty restaurant way up in the heights. I didn't know what to expect from the restaurant, as earlier in the summer i had a jerk chicken sandwich from one of the summer beer festivals food truck. My gosh... i can't wait to return. try the combination platter, jerk chicken, Wild Tiger Shrimp, Basmati Rice and the east african coconut tomato hot spice... i could eat a bowl of rice with just this smothered!

*all beef, chicken, lamb are Halal.

Thank you for coming in! So nice to serve you, come back again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Date night! Rich flavors in the Oxtail Stew. The Peanut Chicken stew was to die for. Sweet potato fries with curry dipping sauce were the appetizer. We are leaving happy!

Reviewed October 20, 2017

I had already eaten at the Jambo Cafe in Santa Fe, and that was a good experience, so I was curious to see if the newly opened Jambo Cafe in Albuquerque would match the experience. It did. I was interested in trying both the goat stew & and the lamb stew, but saw no menu item that offered both. I spoke to the waiter, and he offered to modify one of the combination plates so it would include both. I like that kind of flexibility with the menu. It definitely enhances the dining experience. I was able to try both. Liked the goat stew, but loved the lamb. Interestingly, the waiters preference was the goat.
The Jambo Cafe in Albuquerque is an excellent restaurant. Caribbean and African foods. A very interesting menu, with many items I would like to try. New flavors, new tastes, good service. If you have any sense of adventure at all about foods & tastes, then I recommend the Jambo Cafe. Also, a very good ambience & check out their onsite shop for interesting items from Africa.

1  Thank William S