Our family travelled around Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado for a month and we found Los Poblanos to be our favourite stay. This is some complement on a trip that included the Encantado Resort in Santa Fe and Dunton Hot Springs.
Los Poblanos has a distinct New Mexican ambience. The reception rooms are in the main historic ranch building with old beams and religious art. The bedrooms are in plain, austere New England style, that proved to be tasteful and relaxing. A large pool, an active organic farm where our 7 year old daughter could gather her own eggs for breakfast and extensive gardens for walks were all part of the experience. Breakfast was at the high end of the US B&B experience, with egg dishes given a very distinctive New Mexico flavour with chillies and pulses. Finally my wife loved the shop at the inn, food products, cooking books and ornaments all made their way into our suitcases.
My only recommendation is that the inn was dabbling with providing simple food in the evening and this could be offered on a more regular basis.
Albuquerque as a place is something of an acquired taste, it does not have the immediate charm of Santa Fe or Taos. Los Poblanos is definitely reason enough to go there
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among 25 acres of lavender fields and lush formal gardens, Los Poblanos is one of the most prestigious properties in the Southwest. Detailed tours of the historic property are available to all guests, as well as the included gourmet breakfast incorporating ingredients from our organic farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm Hotel Albuquerque
- Los Poblanos Historic Inn And Organic Farm