“Dirty, nasty, gross!”

Ranked #110 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Broomfield, CO
“Dirty, nasty, gross!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

It is true, you get what you pay for....soiled towels, filthy walls, curtains, and carpet. One of the dirtiest hotels, Ihave stayed in! Ewww! Spend an extra $20!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Broomfieldtravelers
m5686, Manager at Days Inn East Albuquerque, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
We are apologize for your inconvience. Please give us another chance to make you happy in your next trip. We look forward to hear from you. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New River, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We came to this particular Days Inn by accident--I thought I had programmed my GPS for one on the west side of Albuquerque, but once I discovered it was leading me here, I just let it since we were pretty tired. It turned out to be ok. It was conveniently located off I-40 and next door to a diner, a gas station, and a Panda Express. The price was good and the indoor pool was a surprise which we did not use, and the free internet worked fine although it was ad supported which was only a minor annoyance.

The non-smoking room was pretty clean but smelled strongly of disinfectant/perfume which bothered me a little bit--I am fairly sensitive to perfume odors. And I could tell that the owner/manager was really trying to make this a decent place to stay given the shortcomings of the structure itself. The walls were very thin and we could hear voices next door as well as people walking around even though we were on the top floor. The pipes were very loud when the water ran. The room was appointed with a small refrigerator, a small microwave, and a decent desk and swivel desk chair which was great for the work I needed to get done while we were there for the night. The beds were comfortable and I saw no signs of bed bugs nor did any of us receive any bites while there.

We got our standard restless night of sleep from being in a strange place with strange noises, but we did at least get some rest before hitting the road again in the morning after a very nice continental breakfast including waffles, cereals, fruit, toast, muffins, etc. It was a very decent breakfast in a fairly nice room, and very appreciated.

My wife checked out and I noticed when we got home that we did not receive our AARP discount on the bill that I was promised when I checked in. The email address was on the bill so I emailed them. After a couple of days, they did respond and said they would credit my card by $5, which seemed fair and good customer service. It's too soon to tell if the credit will actually appear.

So the bottom line is that when going through Albuquerque, we will most likely stay here again simply because the management tries hard to please given what he has to work with, and we have done much worse before.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kerry G
m5686, Manager at Days Inn East Albuquerque, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thank you for your time. We look to hear forward from you.
clovis,n.m
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Overall the hotel was decent we had a room with two beds which were kind of small but yet comfortable. It was a great location with plenty of places to eat within walking distance and a Walmart just a few blocks away. We stayed for two nights the first night was good the second was a little freaky our tv kept turning on by its self around 2am but besides that its was a nice stay . Very very friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank stefanie_david
m5686, Manager at Days Inn East Albuquerque, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Sorry for inconvinience on second night . Thank you for your time.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I canceled my reservation long before my scheduled arrival. Started getting charges on my credit card BEFORE I was even scheduled for the checkin that I canceled and BEFORE I even left Denver to come to Albuquerque. Then 3 more charges came through over the next 24 hours totaling over $662 which was more than the room charge was supposed to be. I called starting at 9:30 am and was treated Ridley by the staffbperson and told that they did not charge me that price line did which was not true because the charge was from days inn. Asked for manager and was told he will be in sometime between now and 3pm and did not know when. Called back 5 more times only to be told the same thing over and over. The 6th call I was told by a different person that the manager "Monty" would not be in I til Monday. Called corporate to file a complaint and was to.d they could not do anything because each hotel was independently owned and operated. THIS AMOUNTS TO STEALING IN MY OPINION!!!! We canceled after reading poor review about the nasty personnel and bed bugs. I have ZERO regrets for canceling after this experience and will be filing complaints with every author I can find and writiing poor reviews on every website I can.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
m5686, Manager at Days Inn East Albuquerque, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
I looked your record and we gave you full refund already.. sorry for inconvience. and I called you but you didnt answer so I left voicemail to say sorry for everything. We look forward from you.

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Aurora, Missouri
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We used a coupon out of the travel magazine for the night. We were given room 220 on 9/12/2011. No in-room fridge or microwave as advertised. Ice machine broken. When using the shower, water pipes made horrible noise! Pool was closed. We could feel the springs in the bed. Left early so didn't take advantage of the breakfast. I guess you get what you pay for! Will look for different hotel when passing through next week.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Sorry for your inconvenince and thank you for let me know. I will take care of these all problems . Have a good one !!
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Really enjoyed the hotel here in Albuquerque.
PROS: They had nice CLEAN rooms, and they have their own coffee maker. Pool and Spa was great for the kids. FREE breakfast that actually had some variety. This hotel actually had an AC that works! Plus there was a cafe and applebees close by for family lunch and dinner.
CONS: NONE, but pool was overcrowded at times

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your time. We will look forward from you. Have a nice day !!
Greenbackville, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Our family of 4 traveled from Va for a 3 night stay. We were greeted by a VERY welcoming front desk woman. She made our children's vacation with the surprise of a balcony over looking the pool! The room was very clean with no horrible odors we have come to find in most hotels. Our housekeeper was very friendly and made sure our room stayed tidy the whole trip. The kids also loved walking over to the Owl Cafe for REAL shakes after the pool.Thank you for making our vacation so wonderful! This was our second stay and we are sure to be back for a third!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your time . We will look forward to hear from you. Have a good one !!