“Nothing special”

Ranked #100 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
United States
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed for two nights a week apart. The room was ok, old TV though and I was told only some rooms equiped with a refrigerator! It seems like you have to pay more to get the one with the refrigerator and the staffs are rather unfriendly. I booked online and checked in late after midnight and I was told that I was marked as "no show"!!! I never knew that there is a time limit for the check in. Doesn't it mean the hotel need to keep the room for a late check in customer who already paid for the room? It's so odd. Breakfast is free but not tasty. The orange juice is so cheap and very sweet. It's just from a local brand in a gallon bottle! Parking is limited. I didn't like this place and I feel other country inn is much better!

1 Thank MsAvIS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Edinburg, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

My wife was ill and we were hurrying home from vacation, wondering if it were time to stop for the night. There really is no helpful signage along I-25 through Albuquerque, either for hotels or restaurants (I guess you have to do some on-line pre-planning in order to know what you want and where it is), and we needed a fast-food/bathroom/gas stop anyway. Traveling south, we were nearly all the way through the city and finally spied a Burger King a ways off the highway. As we were about to leave the Burger King, I noticed this Country Inn and Suites next door (pretty much invisible from the highway), and decided to go in and check for rates and availability. Turned out to be a great move. The rates were wonderful, and the room was spacious and comfortable, clean, quiet, and well supplied. The man at the desk, Frank, was very gracious, especially once he knew our situation. We needed a Walmart or a drugstore in the worst way, and he gave me perfect instructions for the circuitous 5-mile drive to the nearest one. His assistant for the evening was a young black girl named Anika. She was awesome--she took ownership of every little problem or issue and quickly saw them through to conclusion; nothing was too much trouble for her, and she was gracious and cheerful. If my university would allow me an administrative assistant, I would hire her in a New York minute! (She must have a really high-powered mission statement!) I did not have time to check out or use whatever other amenities the hotel may have to offer, so I can't speak to those, but I would not hesitate to stay here again--they took great care of us when we were under great duress. I notice another reviewer has mentioned that the neighborhood is not very good--that's true, but at no time did we feel in any danger, so for an overnight stay I don't see it as an issue.

Room Tip: The east side is probably quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I have stayed at Country Inns in a few different locations and this was the best deal so far. I made use of the laundry facilities and ate breakfast with no complaints. The location was not downtown nor was it surrounded by restaurants or shops, but that was not a factor in my stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank wanderingwgm
Burlington WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

This is not a good place to stay if you want any amenities at all. The room was clean...but it had a very old TV with a poor quality picture situated so even your toes blocked the picture from bed. No comfy place to sit in the lobby, and right off the lobby was the messy laundry room with its door always open. Minimal breakfast in a noisy room because the attendant had the door open to noisy kitchen equipment. She was ungracious when we asked her to close the door to lessen the noise. The location is all alone at the end of the line for airport hotels, surrounded by a metal fence, and alongside the freeway. The desk clerk was fine and the airport shuittle service was quick, but I found it disconcerting to see a posting that the shuttle would also take you to a local liquor store.

Elizabethtown, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

We had a good experience. The personnel were all courteous and helpful. Rooms were clean and a bit small, but typical of a remodeled old hotel. We chose the kingsize bedroom because it comes with a fridge and microwave for only $5 more. It has an exercise room. We had a hot breakfast that included cereal, coffee, tea, milk, juices, yogurt, bagels, make your own Belgian waffles, and biscuits and gravy. They had a free shuttle to the airport and to the Balloon Fiesta field! That is worth a lot not to have to fight traffic and pay $10 for parking.

Room Tip: Ask for the kingsize bed where the room comes with more amenities like a fridge and microwave oven...
1 Thank Jim502002
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at! It's right across the street from the hood, the desk clerk had BO, found short curly hairs on the bathroom floor, the place was stiffling hot, the ac didn't work good...the place is a dump! I checked out after one night and went to the best western inn. Much nicer place!

• Stayed August 2011
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

While this is located at the airport it is just 10 minutes from the Old Town area. For the price difference you can save enough for a very nice dinner for two in town. The room and bathroom was spotless. There is an outdoor swimming pool as well as a grass area for dogs. We plan on returning.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple