“Nepal with Gloria”

Yoga Simple and Sacred
More attraction details
Owner description: Yoga Simple and Sacred offers yoga retreats in interesting locales throughout New Mexico, including magical White Sands, beautiful Jemez Springs, and fabulous Ojo Caliente.YSS also offers ongoing Yoga classes in Albuquerque, New Mexico, private yoga sessions, full moon yoga for women, weekend workshops and national and international yoga retreats. Event locations are listed on the website.And if you visit Albuquerque during the Winter or Summer Solstice, be sure to attend our special yoga sessions set up for those solar events.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I just got back from the most amazing trip to Nepal, a yoga retreat with Gloria from Yoga Simple and Sacred. I have done a number of trips with her, and this one tops them all! They just keep getting better and better. We visited historic and spiritual (not to mention shopping!) sites in the Kathmandu valley and Pokhara; trekked up into Annapurna Conservation Area; rode elephants, dugout canoes, and went birdwatching in Chitwan National Park; danced traditional folk dances with our trekking guides; and learned a tremendous amount about history, culture, and religion with Binaya - our wonderful, knowledgeable, patient, and helpful guide; all the while practicing yoga in the most fantastic settings imaginable. I highly recommend Gloria's yoga retreats - be it a weekend in the mountains of New Mexico or Utah, or an international trip. You'll never regret it! And of course her classes are great, too - I go twice a week.

All reviews
"canyon"
"nm"
"mountains"

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I just returned from a weekend yoga retreat in Jemez Springs, New Mexico with Gloria. Although I have practiced yoga for the last 20 years, this was my first retreat, but certainly not my last! Gloria has a true gift in teaching both the physical practice of yoga as well as the spiritual. I returned from the weekend refreshed, rejuvenated, and inspired.
In addition to the relaxing yoga sessions, all the aspects of the retreat were handled extremely well. The place was wonderful, the food was great, there was a nice balance of free time and scheduled activities. My only wish is that I would have discovered this long ago! I highly recommend Gloria's retreat to everyone.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have done several retreats with Gloria Drayer, Yoga Simple and Sacred. Gloria is a wonderful compassionate and devoted Yoga instructor. Her classes are the best and can accomodate beginners to those who have practiced a lifetime. We stay in wonderful hotels, B&B's, retreat centers. I have traveled with Gloria to Peru, Costa Rica, Bali and most recently to Zion and Bryce National Parks. I can't wait to see where I go next! Most days include yoga morning and evening - with time for mediation, relaxation, quiet - a wonderful way to begin and end a day of hiking, exploring or relaxing on a beach or mountainside. She hires excellent guides. Meeting new friends and often meeting others again is a gift of these retreats.

1  Thank Molly S
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have done several retreats with Yoga Simple and Sacred Through the years. Local retreats in New Mexico were my first experience, but I also joined a yoga retreat to Costa Rica in 2005 and a retreat to Tuscany, Italy in 2009. Gloria will make sure you have a great yoga experience and also experience the beauty of any location you travel to. I continue to enjoy doing local solstice events and other yoga classes with her in ABQ.

1  Thank Jaguarbeth
See more reviews
Reviewed May 16, 2013

WOW! What an INCREDIBLE retreat! We did yoga twice a day and hiked in gorgeous Zion and Bryce National Parks! Gloria is an incredible, intuitive, and compassionate yoga teacher! Any level of yoga student will love Gloria's style of instruction. We stayed in a gorgeous home with plenty of space for yoga, star gazing, hot tubing, visiting and relaxing! Sharon was our amazing chef and expert guide with Southwestadventureguide.com. I highly recommend any retreats with Gloria or southwestadventureguide.com!

1  Thank Kelly R