“First time”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Salita Restaurant has been serving New Mexican food to many generations of customers in Albuquerque Northeast Heights since 1965. Our family owned and operated restaurant shares the best parts of New Mexico with our customers. We want to ensure that eating at our restaurant is not simply a wonderful dining experience but a home away from home in a warm inviting atmosphere. We take pride in offering our customers fresh products every time they visit. Our recipes are prepared in house, from scratch, everyday to ensure quality, flavor and consistency. Whether it's your first or fiftieth time we want it to be the same, every time. Everyday our goal is to ensure our customers are comfortable, satisfied, and full... That's how we measure our success.
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Visiting family here in ABQ and decided to try this place out. Food service and food itself was excellent Way more than you can eat at a reasonable price. They’ve moved to a new address so don’t believe the one posted here

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

The great days of this eatery are long past. Employees and owner are very nice, but went to their new location for dinner. I was looking forward to it all day. The new location has never had good fortune as an eatery. It is obviously expanded to turn-and-burn meals, making the fatal flaw of many NM food restaurants: expansion. Loud, with poor lighting and awkward set up. The waitresses asked for the order in such a rapid fire method, I was embarrassed for her. The food came out quick but looked like it had been hanging out under a heat lamp for at least an hour. The refried beans were cakey and dry, the red chile was unenthusiastic and pasty. The sopapillas quality has gone down too. The rellenos, which used to be awesome, were average to below, in my humble opinion as a Nuevo Mexicano.

Many folks will continue to enjoy this place, but the glory days are past. They should have stayed at the old location and kept their operation smaller. My wife and I had indigestion all night...sorry to see this one decrease in quality.

Their best hope is that they stabilize as a business. Expansion doesn't sound easy, but sometimes isn't the best strategic decision.

3  Thank blancaycoco
Reviewed November 9, 2017

I have been patronizing La Salita since about 1976 and the food has always been good to great! I had chile rellenos that were fantastic. My wife had a green chile, turkey burrito that was also quite good. They have just moved to a new location near the SE corner of the intersection of Juan Tabo and Menaul

Reviewed October 22, 2017

We ate at this place few times. It is usually very busy and their food showcases authentic Southwestern Food.
I loved my chili rellenos. My husband did not like them.
We were disappointed in the slow cooked turkey burrito; it was not as good as expected.
Our guest liked her vegan option.

Reviewed October 14, 2017

We no longer live in town, but make a point to have lunch there at least once when visiting. Everything is uniquely New Mexican and delicious, including my favorites - the naked turkey-stuffed rellenos, shredded beef burrito, carne adovada burrito, and guacamole. The ownership and people that work there are friendly and helpful. Wish I could bring the place with us to Georgia. (Getting ready to do the next best thing by ordering a case of their green chile sauce online!)