“Worth a trip”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Delicious,authentic New Mexican Food served by our unique team concept waiting style. Family owned since 1962. Come check us out in the Northeast Heights as well: WE HAVE ANOTHER LOCATION at 6051 Osuna Rd. NE Albuquerque, NM!!!
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a Mexican restaurant with authentic food. This was a great choice. The staff was very friendly and service was excellent. The food was great. The only downside was they only have beer and wine. Would go there again when in Albuquerque

Date of visit: February 2018
Matthew D, General Manager at Monroe's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Thank you for making us a stop of your trip. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience. Safe travels and have a great weekend.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Was looking for something local (no chain) that was close to I 40 for a stop on our road trip back to Texas. This fit the bill....just a few minutes off the road and easy to get to with our gps directions....seated promptly, friendly waitstaff, and questions answered. We ordered fajitas quesadillas and split it and he ordered chicken fajita plate with rice and beans. there were chips and a tasty salsa pre-meal that were kept full . Fresh guacamole and sour cream added just the right touch to our food. It was delicious and served hot. Not out of line price wise and better than a chain....real family owned and they came through with flying colors in our book. will stop here again if i am ever headed this way!

Date of visit: February 2018

Thank you all for taking a detour. We appreciate your business and your kind review. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Monroe's had a very high ranking on a Google search and while passing through NM we wanted to find a good local place with NewMex food. I had the beef enchilada my girlfriend had a beef burrito. Not bad but very average and not much atmosphere. Wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Jon Z
Matthew D, General Manager at Monroe's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Jon, thank you for stopping in and for leaving some feedback. Sorry we disappointed. Have a great day.

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

Had the enchiladas which were pretty good. Very casual and inviting setting. Service was great very friendly crew. Nothing wrong with this place just nothing super special from our visit.

1  Thank Colby G
Matthew D, General Manager at Monroe's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2018

Colby, thank you for stopping in and for leaving a review. I am sorry to hear we left merely feeling average. Next time you are in have my staff bring you a sampler and perhaps we can hit on a dish that is more memorable. Have a great weekend and thank you again for your business.

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Walking in the door, another customer gushed about how everything at Monroe’s is great - based on their green chile stew, I believe her! After being gone for a few years, the first thing I wanted upon returning to New Mexico was the best green chile I could find. Monroe’s sells it all on its own with a couple of fresh tortillas, and its the best green chile I’ve ever had. The smokey, tangy stew was just spice enough, with lots of roasted pork. I wanted more as soon as I finished! I can’t wait to go back.

Date of visit: February 2018

George, thank you for making us a stop on your return to New Mexico and I am glad our green chile stewed left you smiling. Safe travels and we will see you again.