“Very Good Food and Great View”

Sandiago's Grill at the Tram
Reserve with OpenTable
Sandiago's Grill at the Tram is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 1,864 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tramway Blvd.
Description: Sandiago’s is located at the base of the world famous Sandia Tramway. Whether it’s a family dinner or a carefully planned event, Sandiago’s is a perfect place to enjoy great food with an incredible view. We are featuring a new look and a new menu. Come enjoy a great meal with a breathtaking view.
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We've eaten there a number of times, and usually have enjoyed it very much. The food is very definitely a New Mexico cuisine, and they have some very special red or green rice, which we haven't see elsewhere. Our only problem has been service, which have been really, really slow the last few times we've eaten there. I'd recommend it, but there may be a long wait fo get your food.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

We came here for our 35th wedding anniversary, mostly because I wanted a great view, but also good food. We've been here before and I wasn't bowled over by the food. However, this time, I was. The entrees were wonderful, as were the appetizers and drinks. Sunset wasn't quite as spectacular as I would have liked, but that's not their fault. :-) Do give them a try, even if your experience wasn't the best in the past. Our party of 5 all enjoyed our dinner experience there.

Lawrence G, General Manager at Sandiago's Grill at the Tram, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

I'm pleased to hear that your evening was wonderful. We hope to see you again soon. Happy 35th anniversary

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I traveled up to the foothill of Sandia to see the fabulous view of the sunset. Santiago’s grill is a charming spot to have a drink and watch the sun sink below the horizon. Our bar server was welcoming and fun. He made a good margarita shaken by hand! But everything we ordered from the menu was sub par. So just enjoy the view and toast the sun’s beautiful descent.

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

I thought this place was an amazing area to see the sunset and grab some beers. The chips and salsa where ok but the staff and beer were amazing. I would definitely go back especially for the sunset.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

Had party of 8. Had reservation. Had to wait 15 minutes for table.
Chips and salsa were good.
Two members of party picked the portabella mushroom entree because it was written up as being mild. That is, not listed as having any hot ingredient.
Both portabellas were very spicy. Had to order something else.
Also had a problem with one other entree that wasn't made in the way it was ordered. Took two tries to get it right.
Restaurant comp'd both mushroom entrees and gave two desserts gratis.
Cocktails and margaritas were not low-priced.