“Home-made time warp”

Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: An Albuquerque tradition since 1973. Nostalgic Comfort food served in a relaxed, homey atmosphere- Featuring a wide array of soup, salads, quiche, and daily specials: All made daily from scratch with only fresh ingredients An ideal meeting place for old friends or new. As non-formula, non-chain as you can get......
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is a great place for 50 somethings and up, younger people would enjoy the freshness, but for some of us Anne's is a slice of "our" time. Soup (of course) breakfast and Lunch, Quiet and quaint, a wonderful respite.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I hadn't been to Annie's i years so a friend and I decided to go and see if anything had changed. The service was very good, Ted took very good care of us without smothering us. The food was good. I had the chicken green chile quiche and my friend had the tomato quiche. I had homemade wheat bread with mine and she had the blueberry muffin. The food was very good and the staff very friendly. The only thing I would say is that Annie's looks tired. So much grandmas wall paper and so many different patterns, although all in the same color family. I don't think anything has been done to upgrade the appearance in 20 plus years. Although the decor has nothing to do with the good food, the ambiance is lacking even if it is only a breakfast and lunch place I still like to go someplace that has a little more updated look. If i wanted to eat in my grandmas kitchen thats where I would go.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

This country warm restaurant was established in 1973. I started coming here in 1978 a transplant from California. My favorite breakfast dish here is the Gonzo. This delicious authentic New Mexican breakfast was created by the kitchen help and cook "Gonzo". The most popular dish consisting of pan fried potatoes, cheddar cheese, 50% bacon bits with New Mexican green chilli and topped with an egg of your choice and served with a warm tortilla like your mother would make. My daughter-in-law likes the boysenberry pancakes.
The place is very warm and country touch. The place decor has table cloths with white place mats with comfortable wood chairs. The walls are wallpapered with 1920's -1930's items. You can sit inside or outside. The staff is very attentive and the owners are warm and friendly also.

If your here for the annual Albuquerque Balloon Festival in the fall (first weekend in October) this is a must.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Definitely an old-school place that caters primarily to the mature set who have been going there for 30 years or more. Cute, old-fashioned country decor and furnishings. Highly attentive service. While lunch can be so-so, I highly recommend their breakfast which gets 5 stars in my book! Their home-made, texas-sliced, whole wheat toast with jam can't be beat, what a treat... try it. I'm also a huge fan of their Huevos Rancheros. And wow - a good cup of coffee too! One of my very favorite breakfast restaurants in Albuquerque.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Ate here on the recommendation from friends who live on this side of Albuquerque. The restaurant environment is a throw-back to the 50's complete with lace window curtains and terry cloth place mats. There are three eating areas so the place is bigger than it outwardly appears. It's in a strip mall so parking is not a problem. The breakfast menu covers all the bases and offers several New Mexican selections. I had over-medium eggs, home fries and a a tortilla, all smothered with red and green chile. The eggs were runny and the chile - while tasty - did not have much heat. My husband liked his burrito and our friends thought their American style eggs and pancakes were good. The coffee was weak. Service was prompt and friendly. Prices are very reasonable. The lunch menu looked rather limited with soup, salads and sandwiches that could be ordered as combos. There were few diners when we arrived at 9:30 but the place was filling up as we left at 11:15. I doubt we'll return as it's a long drive from where we live and the food was nothing special.