“Not recommended.....”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #42 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We stayed at this property on a recent road trip through New Mexico and Colorado. We actually drove out of our way to stay here because they had a suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out that would accommodate our teen kids. However, when we arrived at the hotel, we were informed that there was only one room left with three beds and that someone had just refused to stay in it due to smoke (this is a smoke free property). I was a little frustrated since we had a reservation (reserved with a credit card through my Hilton Honor membership). Since they do not offer rollaway beds and had no other rooms with enough beds for us, I asked to inspect the available room (we had been driving for 12 plus hours and it was already 8 pm). The room (218) was like a freshly used ashtray…it was beyond bad. I returned to the lobby and was told that this was a known problem and they had even tried to change the carpet (this was fresh smoke…employees maybe using it as a break room?). They did not offer much of an apology at all and actually told us that it was basically our fault since we were arriving later in the evening and they were pretty full (we had a reservation with a credit card????). We had no choice but to take a room with one King bed and one pullout. This room was clean but one of the TVs did not work. I called the front desk and was told the TV system was old and often didn’t work and that the maintenance worker would not be available for at least an hour. It was already 8:30 pm so we gave up and went to bed.
This is the second Hilton property we have used in the last 2 months that was well below their standards. I’m starting to doubt my loyalty to Hilton properties. I do not understand why this room (room 218) is being used since it known to have smoke issue. I do not recommend this hotel based on how it is being managed and how it treats their loyal customers.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 218 unless you like sleeping in an ashtray.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kari B, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Please call us when you have time. The GM would like to speak with you about this in person.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Carpets were so dirty that we didn't want to walk on them. It was as though the previous occupant had a sick dog. They said that new carpets would be installed soon. This didn't help us. We received no satisfaction. They did apologize but this didn't really help us.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

The GM handled this situation with the guest directly via a phone conversation and an in person conversation at the front desk.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is the third time I've stayed here. The rooms are spacious and most important clean. Evening meal included Monday through Thursday, so that saves a little plus once you're settled in, you don't have to go out again. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was the standard but not much variety this stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Kari B, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Week long stay- rooms were good, clean and good serviceable rooms and at front desk. Evening social food quality is degrading- use to be friendly service and hot food and fresh. Breakfast is still a good value. Close to airport and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Kari B, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we will meet with our Kitchen Manager and share your feedback so he can address his entire team and fix the evening social issue.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Loved everything about it. I like the Homewood Suites brand and the value was quite high for the room and services that we received. All of the employees were very helpful. If we were travelling through Albuquerque we would seriously consider this hotel again. My only minor disappointment was a relatively small gym but since nobody else was in there at the time I can understand. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, please come back to see us!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Homewood Suites is very family oriented and clean. I would highly recommend it to other family members and friends. All the staff were friendly and well versed in every aspect of the hotel. The rooms were always clean when ever we came back from our outing for the day. The air quality in the room and the hotel itself was great. The grounds outside were very clean. It was also very easy to get on and off the premises. I did notice that the hotel was pet friendly, you could never tell that there were pets there. I have been in other hotels who said the same thing and you could tell because of certain odors that is associated with animals. There was no such problems with Homewood. I asked for a no smoking room and that is what I got , some places say no smoking and that is not what you get. I thought the prices we paid for the room was very good, I have paid that same amount for other rooms and they did not have the same set up. This was also the first time I had a room with a full size kitchen. I know it may sound strange talking about the kitchen, but usually you have a fridge so small, you barely can get 2 sodas in there. It was very, very clean, and smelled fresh. Our stay was wonderful. Thank you !!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Kari B, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

That's so Fantastic to hear, I will share this with my entire staff at this mornings "Team Huddle". Thank you again, please come back to see us!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I often stay at suites hotels so I am no stranger to Homewood Suites. This property was normal for the chain. My room was clean and comfortable. The door stuck a bit and I hate Phillips TVs because of their tuning lag, but otherwise this was an average stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Kari B, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are in the process of replacing all of our Phillips TV's with another brand because we feel the same way about them. Thank you again for staying here with us and we hope to see you again soon.