“Airport Facility”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 27 November 2017

This facility is near the airport and easy for early flights. The staff was extremely welcoming and rooms were clean. Homewood Suites provides an evening offering of food/beverage as well as breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Kari B, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are so happy you had a good stay here with us, please come back again soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Wish the lobby had the Southwest Artwork and could of incorporated..But some designers suit from corporate made the choice and sold a bill of goods to Hilton that thier taste was better than everyone's..ugh The staff.. OUTSTANDING!
Service.. OUTSTANDING!
but the we all look the same..yeah could use the Southwest decor

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank taosicon
Kari B, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

The Southwest décor is missed by us as well, but maybe these comments will get to the designers in charge.

Thank you so much for rating us on our service because our staff works so hard to make every guest feel special!! Thank you for your very honest feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Our family stayed at the airport Homewood Suites passing through the area, during Thanksgiving week, and then again on our return. The hotel was clean, bright and smelled fresh.

Our room at the beginning of the week was the two bedroom #401 and on our return was the slightly larger #402. Both rooms were corner rooms, and both had two comfortable queen sized beds and a king sized bed, two bathrooms and a cozy living room and kitchen. Room #401 had some little knocks on the walls and room #402 was missing it's pictures, but both were comfortable rooms that suited a large family very well!

Our family especially enjoyed the filling breakfast. They had eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, waffles, oatmeal, toast and cottage cheese among other items. The eating area was quite large and the kitchen server's were helpful and kind.

Would highly recommend this hotel. The price for a two-bedroom hotel room was amazing! We will seek out this hotel again the next time we are traveling through the area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

We are so glad we got to spend our Thanksgiving with you and your family, I'm so please you had a good stay!

Please come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Location was the prime consideration. I normally stay at another Hilton property outside the ABQ Sunport when I have an early morning flight (to avoid morning traffic & having to leave my home in the wee hours). The HGI did not have rooms on this date so I tried the Homewood Suites property. Check in was flawless, professional & friendly/helpful staff. Overall property was clean & well maintained. Room was clean, with working appliances. The evening complimentary meal was tasty, with a nice array of items. Overall a good experience. Nice property run by a competent staff, conveniently located for travel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Kari B, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you so much for the Great review! My entire team will be so happy to read this in this mornings "Huddle".
Thanks again, we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This is always a nice place to stay right of the interstate and by the air port awesome room and amenities... We have stayed here several times and are always pleased as long as its a non-smoking room... wish the entire property was smoke free but all it well...

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay! I'm happy to let you know that for several months now since we completed our renovation, we have been and will continue to be a completely Smoke Free hotel, just so you know for the future.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

"Wish you were here!" Or rather, you would, if you saw our room! Can't say enough about accommodations and staff. Kids just wish there was an indoor pool. We drove up the road to a sister property (Hilton) and they let us use their pool, which worked out fine. We have found our new favorite hotel in ABQ (5th hotel we have engaged in ABQ over the last 4 years)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Kari B, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

We're so happy that you are happy with our property and staff!! Please do come back anytime!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

When traveling, we typically consider several factors in choosing lodging, then rating it afterwards. Reviews by others are very important, and we do our homework. Other considerations are location, price, available breakfast, and communication. Adequate comfort, lighting, bathroom counter space, shower water pressure…are all things that make a stay comfortable or not. We try and get hotels that have character or a feel for where we are, for the type of trip we are on. In other words, when in Prague, we don't want the Hilton. Exceptions are when we need a place to just sleep while passing thru an area. My reviews are based on these factors.
We are currently ‘living’ in a different hotel in another area due to a work assignment we are on. This was a ‘weekend away’ trip. Location was just fine for hitting all parts of Alb.. We are from LA area so the distance didn't mean a thing to us. We went to the NE section twice and to old town twice. Headed to Santa Fe from here then back thru to go west on 40. The only traffic issues we had was an accident by the 40/25 and old town with its unbelievable amount of detour and construction around it and the freeway I am very glad we didn't stay in that area.

After reading some previous reviews, I am betting we were put in to one of the older suites...we saw no evidence of renovation.

We stayed in this location for 1 night. It was our second time in a Homewood Suites. A few months ago we stayed in one in SLC and were not happy with it, so this was a ‘one more chance’ test.
Finding the hotel was very easy, Parking was adequate, The building looks nice, and although it is by the airport, I never heard a plane.
Check in was fast and easy. The room was identical to the last one we had in layout, except for the bathroom.
We didn’t use the kitchen. I wanted a cup of herb tea late at night but there was not any. (previous hotel only had coffee in the first room, but the second they moved us to because we wanted heat did have herb tea).
It was too late and I was in my jammies. Couldn’t go down for it.

The hotel definitely needed work once past the lobby (just like my last experience- Nice lobby, worn and tired halls, elevator, and rooms)

Room was fine, comfortable. Quiet. Bed is really comfortable. I carry clothes pins in my bag for curtains that don’t close, and used them. (curtains were pretty dirty)
Same problem with sink area as before, no place to put stuff. Cubby holes do not make up for a counter or drawer. Although the hair dryer was a step better than the last one, it was not very secure in the wall.

We appreciate the ottoman to put feet up while watching Tv late at night.

My issue is usually the bathroom and I really dislike poorly designed ones. The ‘shower’ was tub size, like it used to be a tub, large, but low barrier like a shower. It took me a few seconds to figure out that the full length shower door swung open rather than slide.Swinging open meant that it banged into the main door if left ajar, banged into the toilet if opened wide, and as it swept across the floor it pushed the floor mat away so when you stepped out there was nothing to step on. If you placed the mat past the sweep, you had to step a distance. The floor was slippery so definitely not safe. Towels were also not within reach unless you stepped on the slippery floor. There were a few tiny old style ceramic places to put maybe a bar of soap or bottle but all items pretty much had to be put on the floor. (Neutrogena brand products was a plus) My biggest issue is always when there is no place to put ones foot for shaving. Designed by men. Easy design fixes. Water pressure was adequate, not great. Shower looked old and in need of freshening.
Lighting was adequate in bathroom.
Main room has lots of lights but not bright bulbs.
TV was fine

Breakfast area was very busy. There was only 1 person that I saw trying to keep all stations going. I don’t care for ‘prepared and warmed’ foods so usually go for the oatmeal. It was luke warm at best. The brown sugar was empty except for a huge chunk and I mentioned it but was not brought more. I had to ask for some white sugar for herb tea as I couldn’t find it, it was handed to me, but then it was empty so I had to ask for it to be filled. Appreciated the yogurt, granola, and blueberries. The omelet, potato patty, bacon was ok, but not hot. Salsa was HOT as in spicy (I am wimpy). There was a waffle machine with lots of people waiting and the standard carb items. The layout was weird…I circled about 4 times trying to find something that should have been by something else. Hubby had to ask for a plate as they were out. Chaos.
It was fine, much better than CBF or none at all for sure, if things hadn’t been cold which is hard to understand with so many people in there it couldn’t get cold so must have not been hot enough in the first place when put out.

All in all, better than last experience. We had a good night sleep. It just needs some updating and more help in breakfast area.
I don't know how rooms are assigned. Sometimes I think websites don't get as good a room, we often use booking.com. Then again, Hubby is a Hilton member and frequent traveler/user and so sometimes we are upgraded. Not this time, I assume.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room