“The food used to be good”

Krazy Lizard Taqueria
Ranked #1,199 of 1,920 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Albuquerque Original Townsite
Description: At Krazy Lizard we build the ultimate burrito and taco - we make our tortillas from scratch and pressed to order and finished on the flat top. No two tortillas are alike! The advantage – no broken tortilla, no spills, or "accidents". A nice clean taco. It doesn’t end with the tortilla- we bake our own hoagies and rolls for our tortas, and sandwiches, we also make our signature salsas in house as well. Our carne asada is dry aged for days before being slow cooked, our carnitas and chicken are marinated in our special mojo sauce giving you the exotic tastes of the Caribbean Our Mexican seafood boil is made with Arbol, Guajillo, and pasilla chilies, giving you the smokiness and heat you expect from Mexican food. No fat or grease just flavor and fresh seafood. Whiles waiting for your order – indulge yourself on our freshly made salsas and tortillas Krazy Lizard – come taste the difference.
Reviewed January 9, 2016

As with most restaurants in the Albuquerque area this one is inconsistent with portions and quality of the food. The salsas were what attracted me to go to this place, also that it is located close to work. The burritos were amazing, until they started using "homemade" flour tortillas (they tasted like cardboard by the way), and after that i noticed the sizes of the portions varied from day to day, what also has varied is the way that they charge food, before meats were included in the price of the breakfast burrito, now they charge extra for bacon or sausage, if you go after 9 am the meats are included again in the price of the burrito and you won't see no extra charge.

Hanif M, Owner at Krazy Lizard Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2016

Greetings,
thank you for taking the time to review us. I apologize for the inconsistency you received on the size of your burrito. Will definitely look into that. As far as making the tortilla in house, i'm sorry it does not suit you. Just to let you know the flour is organic (no bleach), the eggs are cage free. Other items we have changed are: the pinto beans are from Estancia, (locally grown) black beans are organic, green chile is hatch and organic, the pork is a local south valley farmer, the chicken is a non-gmo product. and so is our frying oil

As far as price is concerned, yes, we did have a price increase in December, even with the price increase, we are still cheaper then most of our competition within independents (including franchisees as well)

Thank you for your review. hopefully, you can come back and give us a second chance to win you back. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

Everything is made fresh. Fantastic salsa and tacos. The owner and management are friendly and accommodating. This has become our favorite breakfast burrito destination.

Hanif M, Owner at Krazy Lizard Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

Thank you very much for your support and comment. Looking forward to continuing to serve you in the new year.

Reviewed May 8, 2015

The food was delicious and the owner was there and was concerned that my meat be exactly the way I wanted it. I will definitely go back again.

Reviewed February 12, 2015

I ordered a cuban today, my favorite sandwich from Jefferson Deli, took a big bite, and thought I felt something. I spit it out and found a metal shaving in the sandwich. I'm lucky I didn't hurt myself or break a tooth!

I also have had long wait times (not so important as my health and welfare, but figure I should mention it.)

Hanif M, Owner at Krazy Lizard Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2015

Greetings Sonja,
let me take this opportunity to apologize for your past experience at the Deli. I am deeply disturbed that there was a object in your meal and that you had a long wait time, and am grateful that you have brought this to our attention. It would be awesome if you can bring the object to us, so that we can identify the particle and make the necessary corrections.

Let me also offer you a complimentary meal to make up for your last experience. You have been a loyal customer to us since we opened a few months ago, and you also wrote our first review,
Please give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Hanif
Owner

Reviewed August 31, 2014

I stopped by for lunch and had the Italian Sub sandwich, which was very large and filling. The sub bread was fresh and the Boar's Head meats (capicola & genoa salami) and provolone cheese, topped with hot peppers and oil & vinegar, was a great combinations of Italian flavors. I will be back to try some other sandwiches, have my eye on the Hot Italian Press next time.