This hotel is perfect for people like us - first-timers to New Mexico, flying into Albuquerque and heading out and about to explore New Mexico. After 7 hours of air travel to Albuquerque, we didn't want to start driving until the following day. We also wanted our first taste of New Mexico and so we didn't want to stay in a "usual" hotel or motel. Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town was perfect! Beautiful southwest ambience, very helpful staff, and the Old Town location couldn't be better - great shopping and eating.
As an extra bonus (that was probably more coincidence than anything), when I asked about a place to exercise, the front desk person told me about Hot Yoga, which is across town. It's fantastic, although it's a solid 15 minute drive across Albuquerque at 6:00am. (They do classes throughout the day, but I don't know how long the drive would take at those times.) Also, I had forgotten that Albuquerque is 5,000 ft above sea level, and doing hot yoga 8 hours after traveling from 600 ft above sea level definitely left me feeling....different...but in a good way. Also, I knew when to ease up on myself during the class, I'd likely have passed out otherwise...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Albuquerque offers New Mexican hospitality in with Albuquerque sophistication. Adorned with a historic touch of contemporary furnishings inside its territorial-style exterior, the hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience. Comfort is melded with New Mexican elegance in every one of the 188 guest rooms. The hotel offers restaurants, bars and social venues on the property to satisfy the hungry, the high-class, and the ultra-chic. As a landmark to the city, the hotel sits quaintly in the historic Old Town area, where guests can conveniently walk to several attractions, parks, museums, and shops. After one experience at the Hotel Albuquerque, you’ll feel like calling Albuquerque your home."Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At Old Town Albuquerque
- At Old Town Hotel Albuquerque
- Hotel Albuquerque Old Town