“Perfect!”

Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Spring Valley, New York
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel is perfect for people like us - first-timers to New Mexico, flying into Albuquerque and heading out and about to explore New Mexico. After 7 hours of air travel to Albuquerque, we didn't want to start driving until the following day. We also wanted our first taste of New Mexico and so we didn't want to stay in a "usual" hotel or motel. Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town was perfect! Beautiful southwest ambience, very helpful staff, and the Old Town location couldn't be better - great shopping and eating.

As an extra bonus (that was probably more coincidence than anything), when I asked about a place to exercise, the front desk person told me about Hot Yoga, which is across town. It's fantastic, although it's a solid 15 minute drive across Albuquerque at 6:00am. (They do classes throughout the day, but I don't know how long the drive would take at those times.) Also, I had forgotten that Albuquerque is 5,000 ft above sea level, and doing hot yoga 8 hours after traveling from 600 ft above sea level definitely left me feeling....different...but in a good way. Also, I knew when to ease up on myself during the class, I'd likely have passed out otherwise...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cynthia K
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for a perfect review. We are honored that you chose to stay with us on your first trip to New Mexico. Old Town is definately the place to be for a first time experience. We share the tradition of Old Town at Hotel Albuquerque with our unique blend of Native American, Mexican, Spanish and Western cultural traditions. You see this throughout the hotel and are able to experience our history and heritage.
As we sit above sea level, the high altitude does take some getting used to but nothing that a trip to the top of the Sandia Mountains couldn't cure. Hopefully you had a great view of them from your room as they are also very majestic. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, thanks again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is an excellent choice if you want a higher end hotel with amenities. The service is excellent, the room face the mountains and have a spectacular view. Comfortable and clean. Pool is fabulous. Convenient to tourist attractions and the highway. I recommend this hotel for friends and colleagues who come to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view on an upper floor. And the suites are fabulous.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Radiantkd
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and colleagues. We are located in Old Town near many shops and restaurants but also in a location of the city where you can step out on your balcony and get a breathtaking view of the Sandia Mountains. The higher the floor the better the veiw gets. We appreciate the great comments and hope that not only you will return but your friends and colleagues will have an opportunity to visit us as well.
lafayette
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Beautiful Hotel and close to Olde Town. Very clean and the staff was so friendly especially
Dylan at the front desk. Our room was clean and comfy. The restuarant was AAA. Will stay
again when passing through.

Room Tip: Loved the room with the balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kerryd53
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you had a great stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Roswell, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed one night in a suite ($151.00) on the 7th floor. I would have stayed another night but due to issues I decided against it. The staff is wonderful and tried to be very helpful. I was impressed in their attitude and eagerness to help out.

Bad parts are as follows. There was no internet in the room and it took over two hours for the hotel to finally tell me that they knew there was no internet in my room. And that I could change rooms if I wished. But I didn't have the time to do this, due to a meeting I had to leave for. The walls were really thin and I could hear every word spoken by the next door residents.

Bad part, nothing to do with hotel. Guest next door smoked and it went under my door into my room and that smelled. Once hotel was informed they offered me a free breakfast, but I was already late for meeting that morning due to hitting the snooze button too many times. I didn't get much sleep so that was a serious issue.

Even with the issues the hotel is very nice and has wonderful decor. The bed is very comfortable. I haven't decided if I will stay there again. I travel to Albuquerque every month and I am looking for hotels that are relaxing and have internet service. Plus centrally located for restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Don't stay in suite 719
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Victoria W
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
We would like to be your choice hotel as you continue your frequent trips to Albuquerque. We are working to correct the issues with the internet. I apologize that you were not able to get good connection during your stay. When our guests report problems, we contact our service provider quickly and work with them to correct the problem. There may have been a delay and we should have communicated that with you. We plan to upgrade our equipment soon and expect to have consistent and precise service.
We appreciate the feedback and the nice comments about our staff and hotel decor. Our hotel has a lot of Albuquerque history, culture and tradition designed into it which makes us unique. Our location in Old Town is whithin walking distance to many shops and restaurants and easy access to main streets that will lead you to shopping malls and other attractions. Our staff can help with this information as I'm sure they will go out of their way to accommodate your needs. We hope to see you again soon.
Pampa, Texas
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed one night (March 18, 2012) in a traditional room with king bed for $98. Room and bathroom were large and spacious. Comfy bed. Front desk staff were friendly. Had an upstairs room with balcony overlooking courtyard where weddings and special events are apparently held. Nice Southwestern decor. Was close to Old Town, although we did not go there on this trip. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, be sure to request it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank francesamay2016
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The staff is friendly and helpful. The lobby area is expansive and gorgeous. You can self-park for free which is convenient for coming and going. The rooms have an understated New Mexican charm. The beds are vey comfortable. The bathroom and vanity area are such that you aren't bumping into each other getting ready. I want to visit again when the pool is open and the gardens are in full bloom.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the great view of Old Town.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcia74
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
We appreciate your review. Our lobby or the Grand Sala as we refer to it is large and distinct with New Mexico flavor as are our guest rooms. We know having enough space is important so we're glad that you found our rooms to be comfortable. Plan your next trip because our pool will be open soon and on the way to the pool I'm sure you'll catch the fresh scents of rosemary, lavender and sage as the garden will be in full bloom.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband, toddler and I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting Albuquerque for the NCAA tournament. We really appreciated the staff's efforts to put us in a room with a refrigerator so that we could keep our daughter's whole milk & other foods cold during the week. In addition, they provided us with a Pack 'n Play, which was very helpful. Our room was a great size (I believe we had a small suite) which provided extra room for our active little one. The hotel staff was very friendly & helpful & our room was clean & well taken care of. It's a silly little extra, but things like the fact that they carry Aveda products tells me that they are making the effort to rise above their competitors. Location wise, we found this hotel to be nicely located. It was easy to access the interstate/freeway for daytrips (Tent Rocks, Bandelier National Monument, Santa Fe, etc.), a short drive to the campus/downtown area & obviously easy access (walking distance) to the shops/restaurants in Old Town. We would recommend this hotel to people visiting Albuquerque - even those traveling with children.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I consider our staff exceptional. They know our guests are away from home so they make every effort to make the Hotel Albuquerque feel as close to home as possible. I'm glad they did their best to accommodate you and your family. We know there are many choices when it comes to choosing a hotel so we do try to place ourselves above the rest. We know that even the little things matter.
Hotel Albuquerque is unique with its cultural traditions and location in Old Town. We are a hotel for all travelers, whether it be business or leisure, your stay is sure to be a memorable one. Thank you for staying with us.