“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Greenville, South Carolina
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed here back in Dec and enjoyed it. The hotel itself was very nice and met all of my needs. There are some decent places to eat very close by. If I ever come back to NM I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank OnTheRoad4040
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thanks very much for your review OnTheRoad4040! It’s always great to hear from our guests and I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Gus Luna, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Kennett, Mo
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We chose this hotel because it offered shuttle service to areas near the hotel -- Old Town, rail station, movie theater, restaurants, etc. We were exceedingly pleased with our choice. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant had excellent food and service.
Rooms were spacious. The Sweet Dreams beds offered a great night's sleep. Towels were large and fluffy!
Shuttle drivers were quick to respond and were most helpful. We would definitely choose the Doubletree for our next stay in Albuquerque. Ask for a mountain view when booking your room.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer better views. The mountain view was wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lynton49
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Thanks so much Lynton49 for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are glad to know you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for all of your feedback and we look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I originally was going to review them positively, then I looked at my AMEX and saw a double charge. Not cool. They called me back and said they would refund my Visa. Then said they would refund my Mastercard. Since I put it on my AMEX, I am not confident I will ever see my refund.

Here is my original review. The $10 for parking was ridiculous in a city with street parking everywhere that full on advertises itself on it's website as having something like a 1/100th the people of Boston - so, plenty of parking space to go around. The gate was open when we left too, so, I don't know why I was honest and even paid it. Anyway, adding $10 for parking onto my $51 priceline bid only made the room $61, which is a totally reasonable price for this room, so, at $61 it's a 4 star stay. Why not perfect? Our first room, on a non-smoking floor, reeked of cigarette smoke. I couldn't bear to be in it for more than 5 seconds. The desk was incredibly nice about it and apologized, stating "we can't control other's bad behavior" and immediately changed our room - however - that is a testament to the kind of people who stay here and probably cause the problems others mention - people who smoke in a non-smoking room. Yuk. It was the second floor. You can't go down one floor on the elevator to inhale your cancer? Really? Also, why didn't the housekeeping staff mention to the desk staff not to put anyone in that room until it had a chance to air out?

Other drawbacks: the wallpaper is falling off the walls, there is no breakfast like other Doubletrees, and the wifi is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. We gave up on checking our email on our laptops and instead just did it on our phones.

Pluses: It's super clean, check out is noon, we were in walking distance of a bunch of stuff, and there is a free shuttle. The shuttle drive also gave us a card that got us free dessert at the restaurant he took us too. HOWEVER, I was not told about the shuttle. I only knew about the shuttle because I overheard another couple discussing going to Seasons (where we were also going to dinner) and that the front desk had offered to shuttle them there. So, we called and asked about the service.

Would we stay here again for $60? Yes. For much more than that? Probably not. Would I stay again now that they double charged me. NO.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth K
Dear Trip Trip83,
Thank you for your candid review of your stay. If you experience any issues regarding your refund, please contact us immediately as we have already issued the proper adjustments. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Doubletree. Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with Doubletree in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My sister and I went on vacation in New Mexico in June of 2011 and we stayed at the Doubletree in Albuquerque. What a great staff and wonderful hotel. The room was spacious and very clean. The convenience of the hotel location to Old Town as well as the free shuttle rides could not be beat. We would highly recommend it and we would stay there again without question.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank neilap
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thanks Neilap for your wonderful review and recommendation. We are happy that you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was convenient to Old Town. I will pass along your comments to the staff and thanks again for your review!

Truly yours,
New Mexico
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This hotel is obviously intended for business travelers, not someone who likes to have their own snacks or drinks without having to go down to the bar. We received a discount rate (through Priceline bidding) for the room which was well-furnished including an abundance of towels. The room was quite small, the television old and available channels quite limited. On the plus side, the views from the upper floors are stunning. For this to be a 5-star review (especially at a full price rate) the room should be bigger and include an up to date tv and at least a small refrigerator. The staff are attentive and very helpful. Oh, and parking is $10 a day.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room with a view to the north.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewMexicoSilverqueen
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I received a discount rate on this hotel via Priceline's Name Your Own Price bidding. This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Albuquerque, within easy walking distance of restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Hotel staff are very helpful, and the rooms themselves are pretty clean and are well-appointed. There are excellent views from many of the upper-floor rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mesocyclone2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed here three nights in October for a convention across the street. it was okay for convenience to the convention. The room was just okay, with no refrigerator or safe which are things I am used to with this type of hotel. One issue was that on two of the evenings, my roommate and I could her running water in the bathroom. I got up to investigate and found it running out the vent on the wall and into the tub/shower area. This happened two nights, and I meant to mention it at the front desk, but when check out came, I was too rushed to do it, and forgot.

Downtown Albuquerque is very disappointing. There are not very many restaurants, and all in all it is a fairly sketchy area. We ate at the hotel restaurant a few times, and it was always dead. But there weren't really other places to go in a walkable distance and we didn't have a car. I was very surprised that the area near the convention center had so little to do as far as shopping or dining. The guys who drove the hotel's van were total sweethearts and drove us to the airport as well as to Old Town which I really enjoyed.

I was also very surprised at the lack of hot tub facility in the hotel. The pool is small and outdoors, so it was closed when we were there. I did work out, and found the gym adequate. it would be much better if there was a hot tub. If I ever am in Albuquerque for a convention again, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business