“Great value”

Super 8 Albuquerque East
Ranked #117 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stayed here for an overnight while visiting Albuquerque. Loved the location as it was not far from "midtown" and very quiet. Very friendly front desk staff. Large clean room. Not the best shower water pressure, but good comfortable bed. Good typical continental breakfast. Fast internet. Felt safe. Would definently recommend as a great value as it is inexpensive and we had no issues with it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we can be of service to you again!

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Me and my friends stayed here for a night on our road trip. Fine hotel. Not the nicest place, but it was clean and the beds were alright. Couldn't beat it for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay. We strive to exceed expectations and your comments and ratings are helpful to us in achieving that goal. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to be of service to you again. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Booked last minute via the Super 8 web-site after careful reading of Priceline review's on ABQ discount properties. King room, two guests $38.20 including tax. Front desk check-in employee was very friendly and informative. Room is the normal for Super 8. Breakfast was free, very simple, but adequate.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FrequentDiner011
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here for more than a month, and if you're looking for a clean room and nice staff at a very affordable price then that's exactly what you get. The reviews on this site almost made me not choose the hotel, but I tried it out for a few days and found nothing wrong! OK, it's not the Ritz, so don't expect a luxury room! There was an incident with someone's car being broken into, and a laptop stolen ... I think it's common sense not to leave a laptop in your car even if you're parked in Beverly Hills. In any case, they have regular police patrols in the area now. Also, they make the tastiest waffles in the mornings! People should stop giving bad reviews for minor problems and focus on what really matters: cleanliness and staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I had to call the front desk from the lobby to get service. When he arrived, he was indignant, argumentative, and cut me off mid-sentence. The room was clean, the bathroom was minuscule, with the sink on the outside of it. Hard to see from the freeway, kind of a roundabout way to get to it. Not sure if the neighborhood was safe.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My employee stays at this Super 8 reguarly for business and in the past year, his van in the parking lot was broken into over nite and all the company's equipment and electronics were stolen. The police now patrol the parking lot. However, just this week, he left room at 10:30 PM to pick up a late nite dinner, returning 26 min later only to find all the company's electronics stolen from his room, including the bag he keeps them in. This is just crazy! The police were called and my employee, police and hotel manager viewed the videos but nothing was conclusive. I've called the hotel manager to say I want to file an insurance claim and she said she will contact the owners but refused to give me any of their information. We'll see if they contact me or not. Regardless, I've given my employee strick orders NOT to stay at this hotel again.. this is getting very expensive replacing all the electronnics.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Root B
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stopped here and stayed the night on our way thru. The room was cheap at only $50.00 a night for 2 queens. No complaint there. No pool. We did not need one. The guy at the front desk was nice and answered all my questions. The beds were clean the room had seen better days and the floor in the bathroom had a little mold on the linoleum but nothing you couldn't put a towel over for one night. The bathroom was small. The sink was out in the room so you would wake everyone else up if you got up to wash your hands. It had a window unit but we never turned it on. For some strange reason the temp was great without needing it. The pillows could have been better and 2 more towels would have been nice and we only had 3 people. I would stay again. If you need a non smoking room they have them on all floors but the 2nd and 3rd floor was non smoking only the 1st floor was both. There is a skating rink right beside the motel and it was noisy being a Friday night but it did not keep us awake. Again for the price I would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2 nd floor. Suppose to be all non smoking rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor.