All reviews sand dollars sliding glass door oatmeal hear the waves no frills back porch wooden deck watch the sunset crescent beach hot chocolate beach access low tide enjoy the view sliders chart room light sleeper would definitely stay here again
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I did not travel to Crescent City for a five-star motel. I did travel to Northern California for the big trees and to stay at the Crescent Beach Motel. I was not disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I love a five-star and all it's expensive amenities and the way it impresses the girls. But this trip was for me and the Crescent Beach Motel delivered. Centrally located close to a Redwood Forest and smack on the beach with a long, shared wooden deck with deck chairs to watch the huge tide go out and the very long-lasting sunset take it's time bringing the darkness and an end to the day. Personally I sipped some great California red wine with my feet on the rail of the deck and watched the surfers spend 20 very cold minutes trying to catch a ride. Perhaps next time I will join them in this crazy endeavor. I would highly recommend this place even though the quarters were tight with two large comfortable double beds in a small room. It just came down to location, location, location. It was fantastic and I hope to get back there some day soon. If you have kids, make sure you walk the low tide beach in the morning where I saw literally hundreds of sand dollars washed ashore. Don't be greedy though, only take a couple and leave some for the tides and others. Actually I take back my recommendation. You shouldn't stay here......................I don't want it to get to crowded when I get to go back. Five thumbs up for the Crescent Beach Motel.

Room tip: The rooms are on the beautiful Northern California Coast, nothing more to ask for.
Date of stay: June 2011
6  Thank traveljonesSantaAna
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We enjoyed the Crescent Beach Motel. It's extremely clean, the staff were friendly, and you cannot beat the beachfront location. Every room has a beach view and a patio door out to a shared deck. We took advantage of the location and played on the beach for a while before dinner. The room was quiet and though the bathroom could use an update, it was all well-maintained. Breakfast was a touch sparse compared to the Hampton Inns where we often stay, but it was nice to have at least something with which to start our day. We would love to go back to this unique location.

Room tip: Every room is beachfront -- you can't go wrong!
Date of stay: May 2011
1  Thank taragl
Reviewed November 17, 2011

if you are looking for a fancy place this is not it. This motel is older and there is nothing fancy about it but if you have children the rooms are separated by a wall with a dresser so you have a little privacy :-) and it has a great porch that runs all along the back of it with chairs so you can enjoy the sound of the beach and a glass of wine! We stayed here near the end of August 2011 after traveling the beautiful state of Oregon and totally enjoyed this little place. We found about 25 unbroken sand dollars walking the beach and had a little fire on the beach that night. It was pretty darn cold but we are from Ft Worth so we were willing to put up with the wind and cold for the fire and the beach!

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed October 31, 2011

A little overpriced but a great location. Far enough South of town to be in the country, but close enough to drive in for dinner.
Nice decks overlooking the ocean. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly enough.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LasloNimne
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Room was clean, comfortable and loved the ocean view and hearing the waves. The staff were very friendly and accomdating. Would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Stay on the ocean side
Date of stay: September 2011