All reviews sand dollars sliding glass door oatmeal hear the waves no frills back porch wooden deck watch the sunset crescent beach hot chocolate beach access low tide enjoy the view sliders chart room light sleeper would definitely stay here again
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is a very nicely located small motel. However if you are unlucky and do not get an ocean side room your only view is of the parking lot and hwy 101. Plus all the rooms are very noisy since the entire motel is surrounded by a wooden deck and the sound of people walking and kids running is almost constant. The rooms are also very small and oddly situated; however, they are very clean with comfortable beds. If you get a room on the ocean side it is much better, however since your sliding glass door opens onto the deck if you have any privacy you have to have the drapes closed, which of course cuts you off from your view of the water..
By far the worst drawback is the manager and his wife.My husband and I felt like we were constantly being watched to spot some infraction agaisnt motel policy. The owner seemed strangely obsessed with his plastic deck chairs.
All in all, even with the drawbacks I would reccommend at least one night there, just for the beach access and the sound of the waves right outside. It is also the perfect place to stay on July fourth, Crescent City puts on a great firework show and from the motel you can sit on the deck and see it all. Make sure you call for reservations for the fouth, it is a popular gathering place for the light show.

Room tip: Try and get an ocean side room on one end or the other, being on the end cuts down on the foot traffic back and forth past your door.
Date of stay: July 2011
1  Thank cathy a
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Crescent Beach Motel is fantastic. My wife and I have been coming to this wonderful little hideaway, every year for 7 years now, and it is always consistently terrific.

If you are looking for a posh place, with fancy amenities, then this place it not for you. No breakfast, (eat at "Good Harvest" just down the street), Pool (try the ocean instead) or exercise room ( take a walk on the beach, 20 steps outside your door :)

However, if you are looking for an intimate, quiet place 20 feet from the ocean, with unparalleled views of wind, waves, and surfers, than this is the best place in the city. Small, quiet rooms, with spectacular views.

The furnishings are a little outdated, but it is also family owned, not corporate, so they don't charge as much. We spend about $80-$95 a night, depending on the season. I have been coming to Crescent City for 35 years now, and the Crescent Beach Motel is by far the best deal in town.

Room tip: Dining in Crescent City is kinda sketchy... I have vacationed in this lovely town for the past 35 years, and there are a few places that are consistently good. 1, Bistro Gardens, (Somewhat spendy & worth it, Try the Blue Cheese Filet Minion :) 2, Good Harvest is always a good place for breakfast or lunch.
Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank John L
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have been coming to Crescent city with my parents as far back as I can remember, and my very first time at this particular motel was for my honeymoon. My husband and I stumbled onto this place. We had gone all through town, asked prices all over, and cringed when we finally went back to this place since it is the ONLY beachfront motel, so we assumed it would be really expensive based on location. Much to our surprise, they were twenty dollars cheaper than anyone else we had checked with.
For our fifth wedding anniversary this weekend, we decided we needed to go back to our roots, so we headed back to Crescent City, the redwoods, and the Crescent Beach Motel. So I will give it to you straight: breakfast consists of flavored oatmeal packets. They provide hot water, tea packets, hot chocolate packets, and coffee and decaf all day, until 9:45 at night. There is no fancy workout room. There are no vending machines. There is no pool. The rooms are very basic (no phones...but you do have wifi access and a flat screen TV). But who cares about all of those amenities when you slide open your back door, step onto the porch, and there's the ocean with a stairway five steps away down to the beach?
If you are into fancier, newer accomodations, then no, this place is certainly not for you. But if you have come here with the intent of enjoying the beach, hunting for shells, and going for walks (you can walk the beach to the pier and the sea lions if you choose!) then this is a fantastic, quiet retreat. The price is what my husband and I consider more than fair (we paid $80 on a Thursday and Friday night, walking through the door in February) and you will not be disappointed with your beach access. Happy travels!

Room tip: Every room except a few are beachfront.
Date of stay: February 2012
4  Thank RDTrpQueen
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here and to be totally honest the motel is rather ordinary. I didn't find it all that bad but for price = quality isn't far from being good. Yes the walls are thin and Yes when someone beside you is taking a shower you'll know and that is where their quality versus price lacks completely. Although I found it to be clean and comfortable. It is directly on the beach but I am sure something could be done about all the growth that is happening before you hit the sand I got jabbed in the toes with some pins and took me a day or so to get rid of them by soaking my foot in water (not fun)..
All in all I give them an average rating.

Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank Wayne W
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I did not travel to Crescent City for a five-star motel. I did travel to Northern California for the big trees and to stay at the Crescent Beach Motel. I was not disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I love a five-star and all it's expensive amenities and the way it impresses the girls. But this trip was for me and the Crescent Beach Motel delivered. Centrally located close to a Redwood Forest and smack on the beach with a long, shared wooden deck with deck chairs to watch the huge tide go out and the very long-lasting sunset take it's time bringing the darkness and an end to the day. Personally I sipped some great California red wine with my feet on the rail of the deck and watched the surfers spend 20 very cold minutes trying to catch a ride. Perhaps next time I will join them in this crazy endeavor. I would highly recommend this place even though the quarters were tight with two large comfortable double beds in a small room. It just came down to location, location, location. It was fantastic and I hope to get back there some day soon. If you have kids, make sure you walk the low tide beach in the morning where I saw literally hundreds of sand dollars washed ashore. Don't be greedy though, only take a couple and leave some for the tides and others. Actually I take back my recommendation. You shouldn't stay here......................I don't want it to get to crowded when I get to go back. Five thumbs up for the Crescent Beach Motel.

Room tip: The rooms are on the beautiful Northern California Coast, nothing more to ask for.
Date of stay: June 2011