All reviewssand dollarssliding glass dooroatmealhear the wavesno frillsback porchwooden deckcrescent beachlight sleeperchart roomenjoy the viewsliderswould definitely stay here againnothing fancythin wallsroad noiseparking lot
Reviewed April 1, 2018

We loved this place- we kept the door open all night, snuggled under the blankets, and fell asleep to the sound of the Pacific. When I woke up the next morning and sat up, I was able to see the sparkle of the ocean.
The back door of the room opens into a wooden porch with chairs and a well-trimmed lawn with a couple great climbing trees for kids. About 30 feet back, you climb down a short rocky trail to the Crescent Beach. To the left is a small stream that flows into the ocean, to the right you can see the piers and lighthouses of Crescent City about a mile down.
A few notes: a) the wifi is free, but the connection is terrible- I didn't mind because I was more interested in the beach. b) Crescent City has a foghorn that blows in the distance every minute or so at night- if you're a light sleeper, this may bother you. We were fine.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2018

The room was clean and simple and it was amazing to be so close to the ocean! Friendly staff, simple breakfast (oatmeal, coffee, tea, fruit), and access to a microwave. The price was also not bad at all. We would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2018

The minute I walked into the room and saw the ocean through the sliding glass door, I knew I'd picked the right place! The decor is dated and it's not fancy at all, but it's clean, quiet, comfortable, and right on the beach - perfect for my 2 long leisurely beach walks. I was here just 1 night, but I wish I'd had longer, and I'd definitely stay here again. p.s. have dinner at the Chart Room just a few minutes away - delicious, friendly, and fun.

Room Tip: I was in room 9, had a nice view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank citijanet
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Literally walk out the door and you are steps away from the beach - good rates, close to restaurants, very friendly staff, clean, comfortable motel rooms. No frills and not a lot of extras, but a great little place that I would gladly stay at again when traveling along the coast.

Room Tip: All the rooms are right on the beach
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2017

If you want to be right on the ocean, this is the place. The rooms are basic, but clean. The staff is friendly, and helpful. If you want to walk on the beach, all you have to do is walk out your door. There are lots of sand dollars on the beach every morning. We stay here at least once a year and always have a great time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends