“just the job”

Saddle & Surrey Motel
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 12 February 2012

what a great authentic colorado motel,great value,clean,handy for the rnp and the owners were very helpful-with eveything from the fresh comp. muffins every morning to advice about a brown bear and cubs visting at night,

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank LindaSmith3

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I actually moved out of the Comfort Inn into this motel when we decided to spend an extra night in Estes Park. While the entire setup is older, the room was clean and is laid out more thoughtfully and usefully.

For about the same size room, the Saddle and Surrey fit in a couch and table and two chairs for comfort. I do not think there was a microwave in the room, though.

Breakfast is very basic, but enough to get you on your way.

Value for money. Good place to lay down your head.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank worddict
Reviewed 16 November 2011

This place is a great value. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean if a bit cramped. The furniture is a bit old but comfortable and our room had a fridge and microwave. It's quiet and has bunnies hopping around the parking lot. Situated across town from Rocky Mountain National Park, maybe a 10-15 minute drive. Free breakfast was a selection of muffins and pastries plus coffee. Nothing amazing but very, very cheap.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Klipzlskim
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the Saddle and Surrey Motel In Estes Park the 3rd week of October. The off season price for my room was $50.00. It was a great value and I truely enjoyed my stay. When I arrived there were white tail deer on the lawn and the next morning there were about six elk outside my room. The room was spotless clean and included flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator and hairdryer. The only thing missing was a coffee pot which I dearly missed. The bathroom was very clean and obviously newly renovated... only draw back a very small stand up shower. The owners were extremely nice. They gave me the standard bear aware speech and advised me to drink plenty of water at this elevation. I was exhausted and she expressed concern that I was getting dehydrated and even gave me a bottle of water. Breakfast of pastries and muffins was included with coffee availble in the office. I definitely would stay here again and felt the place was a great bargain.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Clean, neat, lovely. Large room, huge flat screen TV. Microwave. Excellent value will definitely stay here when we return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BoomersGoingGlobal
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed here due to rating on trip advisor. Very friendly owner. I reserved the room via phone, while traveling from Nebraska. She asked what temperature the room should be, and what time I expected to be there. On arrival, she gave us area info, and two bottles of water to make sure we were hydrated! Room was large, very clean, had flat screen tv, kitchenette, tub and sitting room. Great value. About four miles from Rocky Mtn NP.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I'll start off by saying I am not a motor lodge/motel type of traveler. I prefer to stay at a nice Marriott or something, I don't like to break the bank, but I also value nice amenities. My husband and I wanted to get out of town and into nature for one night and since I'm pregnant, camping was off limits (I wasn't about to sleep on a blow up mattress). The reviews looked great on tripadvisor, the price was right, so we figured we'd take the gamble and book a room.

I am so happy we did! Our room was SPOTLESS. Everything from bed linens to furniture to the tv was an excellent condition and just so clean. We had a king room with shower, it was cute with wood paneling and newer comforter and couch. A little reminiscent of a small swiss lodge with the pine paneling and funiture. The rooms (or at least our room, I assume all the rooms) are completely updated from what you see on their website. The owners were so sweet and gracious. We didnt spend much time in the room as we were enjoying RMNP and Estes Park, but we slept great. We will definitely stay here next time we decide to take a little weekend trip to Estes Park!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple