See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 1, 2017

My husband and I just spent one of the best vacations in Estes Park at the Whispering Pines cabins. They were clean, well maintained and the entire Johnson family was so nice. I highly recommend this place to get the whole experience. The river was running really fast during our stay so the fishing wasn't so good but that's nature. My brother is a good friend of Jonny and we consider he and his family all friends too. Great people.

Room tip: All rooms are nice.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Patty V
Reviewed September 12, 2016

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and were looking for a place out of town at the last minute. This place was perfect for us as we were in the area to hike and were looking for a place to sleep, eat breakfast and then relax when we got back in the evening. The bed was comfortable and since we were there in September there wasn't much traffic noise especially overnight. We were able to walk down to the river and enjoyed the opportunity to just sit, relax, and listen to the sounds of the water. This isn't luxury but that wasn't what we needed or wanted. We also liked how close it was to Estes without having to be "in town".

Room tip: The farther away from the road the less traffic noise you'll have.
Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016

My husband and I stayed in cabin #10 for a long weekend, and it was perfect. The cabin was very clean, and having a small kitchen where we could make a pot of coffee and cook up a quick breakfast allowed us to have lazy mornings sitting in the chairs by the river. The night sky is amazing here also. We were able to see the Milky Way because the cabins are just far enough out of town that the city lights are not intrusive. It was easy to drive into town for shopping, eating, etc, and going for a hike in RMNP is a must while you're here.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for three nights in one of their small cabins. For me cleanliness is most important and everything is spotless. The cabin we stayed in was very cute but not fancy. The only negative was the small size of our cabin. The owners are friendly and helpful. The location is quiet and away from the crowds but not inconveniently far from Estes Park action and the national park. The absolute best was being by the Big Thompson River, listening to water flow while sitting next to the fire pit off the back patio area--fabulous!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2015

The cottage was so clean and tidy and newly painted. It was comfortable and had all the comforts of home including a kitchen complete with dishes and cookware. Being close to the river was nice. The traffic noise was a bit bothersome early in the evening but stopped at a decent hour.

Date of stay: September 2015