“Good tour - sights and history”
Review of Stanley Hotel Tour

Stanley Hotel Tour
Ranked #12 of 29 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed January 17, 2018

If you are in Estes Park, you should definitely take the time to tour the Stanley Hotel. The story of the hotel's origins and transition to its current state is interesting....and entertaining. Enjoyed seeing the building and learning about its builders. Did not see any apparitions, but enjoyed hearing about others' experiences.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)
All reviews
in 87 reviews
"sophie"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

I went on the historic tour and was glad to hear about the Stanleys and the history behind the hotel. I was pleased to go into the rooms that were closed off that I had been eyeing all weekend, and learning about the structure and uses in each room was fascinating. While the ghost parts are fun to hear, I was more interested in learning about the property. That said, I was disappointed we didn't go into the Lodge or any of the external parts of the hotel.
It was definitely fun to explore the hotel and I recommend it to even the guests of the hotel.

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We wanted to go here because we were told this was where the movie The Shining was filmed. It does have some strange feelings about it, but it is a beautiful place. We ended up not having time to take the tour but we got to walk around the first floor and then we left as we were in a rush. I would love to take the tour another time.

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

My wife was a bit intrepid about my scheduling the tour but she was nicely surprised as the tour unfolded. Our tour guide was Mary who was amazing in her story telling and history of the Stanley brothers.

I would go back a second time just to do it all again.