“Mysterious reservation system”

Anniversary Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2016

We tried to make a reservation at this place - the web form for reserving a room takes a credit card number, but does not allow entry of a CVV number, which is required by our bank to approve of the transaction. The B & B owners cancelled the reservation the next day while we were at work and by the time I got home and called them, they said they had rented the room and had no other availability, even though their web site shows differently. The credit card was valid, but required the CVV number to be used for security purposes.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We have stayed here a couple of times. The owners are very nice and helpful. The place is kept up very well and the breakfasts are delicious! We stayed in the little "cabin" on the property. I would highly recommend visiting.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2016

We had a prepaid 4-night reservation. The owner refused to allow us to stay because I have a medical service dog. I showed him my doctor's orders and certification and explained that federal law requires him to accommodate service animals. He was rude and belligerent and kicked us off the property. (It should be noted he has 2 dogs of his own living at the property and barking loudly).

I did see the room we would have stayed in. It was small and the furnishing dated. The B&B is in a very isolated part of town.

Luckily I found the Mountain Shadows resort nearby. It is much, much nicer for the same price.

I would not recommend Anniversary B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AntiGravity
Reviewed 22 April 2016

I found this place through Living Social and decided it'd be nice to have a little getaway with the hubby for a few days. It was definitely a treat. The inn itself is rustic and tastefully decorated, set back just enough. The wild turkeys running around were fun for sure. There is a well suited library for guests to use with a nice DVD selection to choose from. The innkeeper himself was okay, not as warm as other B&B hosts I've had in the past, but who knows everyone has an off day or two. Breakfasts were always amazing and filling. We stayed in the Divide room and it was well appointed although the bed was hard as a rock, some people may like that for me it caused a sore back. I'd stay again... but perhaps try a new room with a new bed.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2016

My husband and I recently enjoyed a two-night stay at this B&B. The historic home is in good repair with nice paint, furnishings (antique dressers, tables), and tastefully decorated with photographs and artwork. We stayed in a second story room called the Divide, which has a great jacuzzi tub and a separate shower. We found the pillows to be hard, a bit too firm.

Breakfast cooked by Roger was homemade, delicious, and plentiful. Tea and coffee were always available in the dining room. A mini refrigerator is located there, too, for guest use.

The Inn includes a library, living room in front of large fireplace, dining room; all are available for guest use. It is nice to be able to visit other areas of the house besides your room. Karin and Roger have separate living quarters, but are readily available to help with guest's requests with a simple phone call.

We had a lovely stay. The Inn is set among pine trees, and it's very quiet, providing a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2016

We stayed here for our first B & B experience and couldn't be more pleased! Upon arrival, we were greeted by Rodger, the Inn Keeper who told us a little history on the place, told us about the wild turkeys that roam the property and a bear named George (who we didn't get to see this time) and told us to make ourselves at home. We were also told that two other couples cancelled for the night because of the "snowstorm" we were supposed to get. So we had the whole place to ourselves!! The breakfasts were amazing! Banana stuffed French Toast with baked grapefruit one morning and the second morning was a green chili egg souffle... The Inn Keepers were great and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The big snowstorm never came!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

We spent our 6 year anniversary in Sunrise Room. The room had a very comfy feel. I am happy that we visited off season, as the view below was an RV park. The jacuzzi tub was great as well. The inn was beautiful. I requested champagne, roses, and chocolate, Roger made that happen. The website indicated that they had the availability of massage therapist to come in house. This was no longer an option, so we were given a recommendation by Roger. Unfortunately, the facility was full and short staffed, so they referred to Affinity Massage & Wellness Center. This place was amazing. I cant say this enough, I've had many massages, this was the BEST! We brought the cards back for the innkeeper, we were told they are selective with any advertisement. So, I'm telling you, check them out. The breakfast was unbelievable, the people we shared our stay with were equally amazing. Great location, near downtown Estes Park as well as Rocky Mt National Park.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple