“Very expensive but excellent food.”
Review of Al Forno

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fox Point
Description: telephone #401-273-9760Fodor's choice star rating
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We were a party of four so no reservations. Seated at a table in the Bar area, which was noisy and not conducive to relaxed conversation. Also right next to. Booth then bathroom doors and the handicapped entrance. For a restaurant in this price range, there should be no dinner seating in this area.
That said, the food was excellent, with creative shades and sauces. The chocolate cake was exceptionally delicious.
Entrees are almost all in the $30 range, and then restaurant is nicely decorated, so pick your table well so that you can linger and enjoy the food- and conversation.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Food, atmosphere, service, all were spectacular. We arrived very early by dinner standards and did not have any wait. However, they have a reputation of long waits, especially on weekends. They do not take reservations for parties under 6 people. Our server, Jake, was very attentive, supremely knowledgeable, but not in our face. We started with the ultra thin crust Mushroom Duxelle pizza which had such an amazing taste and texture profile to be a real winner. I enjoyed the cod special which was a thick piece perfectly cooked and prepared with mushrooms in a mirepoix white wine reduction and served with tender fingerling potatoes and sauteed chard and spinach with a lemon dressing that was awesome. Every bite was heavenly. My wife enjoyed the scallops - caramelized and stacked on a parsnip puree. My son had the veal. Every plate was completely cleaned. No one had room for dessert. Jake made one small error - a misunderstanding over which wine we had selected. We didn't realize the error until the bill came at the end, but he immediately owned the issue, spoke to the manager and made a price adjustment with no questions asked. We are definitely going back very soon.

1  Thank Remdawg30
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Been here several times and finally remembered to submit review.

Not a family style restaurant but my brother ordered for 11 of us and not a single dish disappointed. Appetizers of meatballs, avocado salad, calamari, clams (in an amazing sauce) and pizzas that were all incredible.

Entree dishes included steak with mashed potatoes, chicken and a flat pasta, 5 cheese pasta and 1 or 2 others I can’t remember but all were great.

The restaurant is on the expensive side but delicious.

1  Thank Sjt64
Reviewed November 24, 2017

I love this place and have so for many years. In fact, if I had only one last meal to have before I die it would be here ...hands down! The food and atmosphere is just outstanding. It is magical in my view. The pizzas are unique and remarkable. The pastas and other dishes are amazing, The desserts are wonderful too. All outstanding!

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Good spot for Italian food that’s by the water. Came here on a weekend and was packed. Wait times were more than one hour. Got seats at the bar after waiting for a bit. There’s two levels and valet parking.

Got the oysters, margarita pizza and flounder for food. The margarita pizza was the best among I️t and highly recommend I️t. The oysters were good and the flounder was quite good as well. They have a good selection of Italian wines and recommend the Barolo.

Overall good place to dine near the water. Bit noisy for a date spot but good food nonetheless, also pricey. I’d give I️t 3.5 stars if i could.