Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.
Review Highlights
Wonderful Adventure

My husband surprised me with the Gondola ride. Our gondolier, Mariono, was very informative and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
annetteide
Charlestown, Rhode Island
Amazing time!

I booked a private ride for my boyfriend and I for his birthday and we had an amazing time. There... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Katrina H
via mobile

All reviews wine biscuits italian songs beautiful voice mandolin player singing voice italian love the river dei sogni santa lucia ice bucket birthday surprise italian cookies romantic ride sipping wine romantic experience bucket list memorable evening
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I knew I wanted to ride one of the gondolas as soon as I saw them during my first trip to Providence earlier this year. My dream came true on Monday when we had the pleasure of riding with Marcelo! He was extremely knowledgeable about the area, had an amazing singing voice and was overall a pleasure to spend our first gondola ride with. Thank you SO much for the great trip. I highly recommend this fun adventure to anyone who visits Providence!

LaGondolaProv, Front Office Manager at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Bleighton O,

I am so pleased that you were able to return to take a trip with us and enjoyed your experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this excellent review.

To those who may be reading this review, all of our gondoliers will sing some songs in Italian during your trip. They are also happy to share any knowledge that they have about Providence or the gondolas, and answer any questions that you may have during your trip. You are free to interact with them as little or as much as you would like.

Bleighton O, thank you again for your review. I hope that you will be able to join us for another gondola trip sometime soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

I booked 2 boats for 12 people for my mom's birthday on October 1st. Marcello & Gennaro are world class at their craft of graciously transporting us in authentic tradition of rowing, while stopping periodically to sing in Italian. Its always such a treat and I look forward to returning. It is a jewel in the City of Providence! Grazie milleI

Dear Jim V,

I hope your mom had a magnificent birthday! Thank you for writing us this lovely review. I will definitely be passing along your compliments to Marcello and Gennaro.

To those who may be reading this, our gondolas only hold up to 6 passengers. However if you have a larger party, it may be possible for us to book multiple gondolas for you at the same time or get reservation times next to each other.

Jim V, thank you again for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to your next trip with us as well.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Rosario was amazing. What an enthusiastic ambassador for Waterfire and Providence in general. I could have done this trip with him for hours.It was entirely personable and memorable!!!

LaGondolaProv, Front Office Manager at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear KellyS1226,

Thank you for leaving us this splendid review. I am so pleased that you had such an amazing time on your gondola trip with Rosario. I hope that you will join us on the water again soon and if you would like you can always request Rosario to be your gondolier.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We booked this on a water fire evening and it was terrific. I highly recommend this if you are looking for something special and memorable. Reservations are necessary. I booked it two months in advance and was glad I did.

Dear Cathy D,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this great review. I am happy to hear that you had a terrific trip with us.

To those who may be reading this review, WaterFire trips do book up quickly so it is a good idea to try and book a couple months in advance. However we do row seven days a week and not just during the WaterFire events. There are also multiple trip packages available when it is not WaterFire.

Cathy D, thank you again for you review. I hope that you will join us for another trip whether is be during WaterFire or perhaps trying out one of the other trip packages that we offer.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

You can enjoy Waterfires gratis but a ride of the authentic gondola will enhance your experience of the sensory night. You will truly feel you are in a magical, almost medieval place. It's costly for the 30 minute ride but well worth it. I advise booking early in the season or you will be disappointed. The company sends detailed instructions about parking, location, expectations a day or so before your trip that are very helpful. The gondolier and crew are helpful with boarding and will open any beer or liquor you bring and provide glasses and tasty wine baskets. They go out even in drizzly weather and will provide an umbrella or blankets. We went on a crisp fall night and wished they offered a blanket. Our friendly gondolier Ivano answered our questions pre-departure but was quiet during the trip so we could concentrate on fire watching! You will love it!