“A must when in Providence!”
Review of La Gondola

More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Providence from a new perspective! Benvenuto! We invite you to revel in the sights of the City from a unique vantage point that captures the heart of Providence. Enjoy an excursion along the Woonasquatucket and Providence Rivers and witness the revitalization of the City, river walks, and waterfront parks. Whether you are celebrating an anniversary or birthday, looking to propose to that special someone, or just on a vacation to the city, a gondola trip is a great way to make your visit to Providence memorable and unique. La Gondola operates three authentic Venetian gondolas along the Providence Riverwalk, accommodating up to six passengers at a time on each gondola. Reservations are highly recommended and are always exclusive to your party. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Our season is from 1 May to 31 October, and of course trips are always subject to availability and the weather. La Gondola Providence: For Lovers, For Families, For Everyone.
Reviewed October 4, 2017

We absolutely loved this. Our first Gondola ride and it wasn't in Venice! Marcello was friendly and personable and a wealth of knowledge about the history of Providence and Rhode Island. It was a romantic ride but also would be super fun with another couple or two. And Marcello sang in Italian to complete the experience. Wonderful and should be #1 thing to do in Providence.

LaGondolaProv, Front Office Manager at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear bunsinthesunob,

I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time while on your trip with us. Thank you very much for your terrific review.

To those who may be reading this review, we welcome couples, families, groups of friends and even the lone traveler to take a trip on one of our gondolas. We tailor our trips for the party that we have on board, so a couple looking for a romantic evening will have a different than a family visiting Providence for the first time.

bunsinthesunob, thank you for taking the time to write us this review. I hope that you will join us for another trip again soon.

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"interesting facts"
"waterfire night"

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I knew I wanted to ride one of the gondolas as soon as I saw them during my first trip to Providence earlier this year. My dream came true on Monday when we had the pleasure of riding with Marcelo! He was extremely knowledgeable about the area, had an amazing singing voice and was overall a pleasure to spend our first gondola ride with. Thank you SO much for the great trip. I highly recommend this fun adventure to anyone who visits Providence!

LaGondolaProv, Front Office Manager at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Bleighton O,

I am so pleased that you were able to return to take a trip with us and enjoyed your experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this excellent review.

To those who may be reading this review, all of our gondoliers will sing some songs in Italian during your trip. They are also happy to share any knowledge that they have about Providence or the gondolas, and answer any questions that you may have during your trip. You are free to interact with them as little or as much as you would like.

Bleighton O, thank you again for your review. I hope that you will be able to join us for another gondola trip sometime soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

I booked 2 boats for 12 people for my mom's birthday on October 1st. Marcello & Gennaro are world class at their craft of graciously transporting us in authentic tradition of rowing, while stopping periodically to sing in Italian. Its always such a treat and I look forward to returning. It is a jewel in the City of Providence! Grazie milleI

Dear Jim V,

I hope your mom had a magnificent birthday! Thank you for writing us this lovely review. I will definitely be passing along your compliments to Marcello and Gennaro.

To those who may be reading this, our gondolas only hold up to 6 passengers. However if you have a larger party, it may be possible for us to book multiple gondolas for you at the same time or get reservation times next to each other.

Jim V, thank you again for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to your next trip with us as well.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Rosario was amazing. What an enthusiastic ambassador for Waterfire and Providence in general. I could have done this trip with him for hours.It was entirely personable and memorable!!!

LaGondolaProv, Front Office Manager at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear KellyS1226,

Thank you for leaving us this splendid review. I am so pleased that you had such an amazing time on your gondola trip with Rosario. I hope that you will join us on the water again soon and if you would like you can always request Rosario to be your gondolier.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 1, 2017

We booked this on a water fire evening and it was terrific. I highly recommend this if you are looking for something special and memorable. Reservations are necessary. I booked it two months in advance and was glad I did.

Dear Cathy D,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this great review. I am happy to hear that you had a terrific trip with us.

To those who may be reading this review, WaterFire trips do book up quickly so it is a good idea to try and book a couple months in advance. However we do row seven days a week and not just during the WaterFire events. There are also multiple trip packages available when it is not WaterFire.

Cathy D, thank you again for you review. I hope that you will join us for another trip whether is be during WaterFire or perhaps trying out one of the other trip packages that we offer.

La Gondola

Been to La Gondola? Share your experiences!