“Excellent tea, good food, comfortable atmosphere, usually but not always quiet”
Review of Tea in Sahara

Tea in Sahara
Ranked #13 of 41 Coffee & Tea in Providence
Cuisines: Moroccan
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Moroccan mint tea is superb, sandwich food is good though there are plenty of equally good places to eat in the area. Not only restaurant tables and chairs but also easy chairs and couches, a bit like Starbucks in that regard, where people can relax with friends or laptops for awhile. Close to Brown University. Can be crowded. Recommended.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I was in the shop today. I spent over 25.00 on tea and snacks. They were very busy when I went in and the owner, was rude told me he would not be able to take my order for over a 1/2 hour. It was not what he said, but the tone. I told him I understood and to take my order and fill it when he could. After my order was filled, I orders more appetizers. I then asked for more hot water to refill my tea pot. Was told they do not do that. I've never been to a place that refuses to provide more hot water for tea. I had bought a large pot. I was asking for more hot water for one refill. The front counter girl agreed with me and stated she was being prevented from doing so by the owner. I've never received such bad service. I will not return. It's a shame I've been there many time before. I've spent a great deal of money there and the owner couldn't be bothered. Rudest behavior I've ever seen. Don't go, you won't get good service.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 11, 2018

This unique and adorable find is the antidote to the Cheesecake Factory. The food is fresh, indescribably flavorful, and unpretentious. While the selection may not be wide, everything that we've tried is as authentic as you can get. Brown graduate students have found that this is the perfect place to go to get a great meal at a great price, and then sit in one of the comfy chairs to read without distraction. You'll go back again to try what you didn't get to on the first round.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed September 28, 2017

This place is tucked away in East Providence and looks like another house, but inside it smells like heaven. The guy working the counter, one of the owners, helped us out with the specials and we ended up with the 3 appetizer special that included tea and then we split the lamb tagine. It was all awesome and we couldn't finish but we kept dipping the bread into the tagine sauce. LOvely.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Quaint little quiet place on Governor street that takes you away into a different world. Perfect place to get some work done or to just chill while sipping on some freshly brewed Moroccan tea.

The owner is friendly and helpful and will serve the tea himself. Got the Moroccan mint tea which seems to be most popular and was light and refreshing. Some of them have caffeine and some don't.

A small pot costs about 3.25$ and is plenty sufficient for one person, fills up the small glass 3-4 times maybe. There's medium and large sized pots as well for around 4-5$ as well.

I didn't visit the outdoor seating seating but I've heard there's hookah options available. Free wifi and plenty of street parking. Not a lot of indoor seating for groups I guess. Plenty of great food options that are reasonably priced that I didn't get to try.

Overall great place for tea/coffee and also if you're looking for a different experience. Would def recommend coming here.

Date of visit: December 2016