“Very good”

Thai Star
Ranked #219 of 874 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

Very authentic cuisine. Pad Thai very tasty, service was good and the place smelled amazing! You can tell they use all fresh ingredients and cook with love. We will be back.

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Just left there! Placed an order over the phone using their online menu. The bill should have been $23.65 for 3 items. First they charged me correctly but have me the wrong order. I realized before I left there were only 2 items in bag. Then he returned that order and gave t.me the correct order. But when I got outside I realized they charged me $38.50!!! They would not change the charge for when I showed them my phone with the menu, they said it was the lunch menu. Mind you it doesn't say that on the the site and they said not their fault as someone else did the site.
They would not honor it! Needless to say I returned the food, got a full discount and drove literally 5 minutes down Chalkstone Ave. To an equally good Chinese take out and ordered there.
They have lost my business!!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Off the beaten path and in located in an urban community. We enjoyed our hot and exotic appetizers and meal tremendously! If you want to save money and don't need all the decorative fan fair that adorns the walls of other Thai restaurants then do try this place. Tell the waitress that the girl from Texas recommended you. Also, you must experience the mango and sticky rice dessert! Loved it!

Reviewed May 14, 2016 via mobile

Heavy use of thick coconut milk in curry dishes. Too much coconut milk doesnt make it better.

We feel the quality is on the low end, while taste is just ok. The environment and neighborhood is not the best area, i guess for the immediate local audience, it all works.

Pad thai tasted good, but lacks the tartness of tamarind. It was more a good plate of fried noodles vs true authentic pad thai.

Tried their Chiangmai noodle, which i expected kao-soi, noodles in a thin red curry sauce. This turned out to be noodles on a plate with thick red curry poured on top. This was the only picture i took halfway through the meal.

Curry dish was also very heavy on coconut milk.

Anyway, if one went all the way to Chalkstone, which is not a desirable area in providence, might as well go to Los Andes, TA's #1 restaurant in town. For Thai, there are way better options available.

This will be a one time only visit. It came highly recommended by a friend, and that too shall be a one time only that we heed their restaurant advice.

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

Terrific pad Thai and other Thai fare in a very unassuming neighborhood spot. Great nime chow (spring/fresh rolls), too. Friendly service.