“Fresh, flavorful Thai lunch”
Review of Thai Star

Thai Star
Ranked #212 of 865 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Came here with my Mom a few weeks back for lunch. It was shortly after 12. The place was nearly full. Seemed to be just one waiter who was on the ball. We ordered Thai iced teas that were really good. I chose the Drunken Noodle with chicken and Mom ordered Chicken Curry. We both really liked our choices. Service was good considering. Prices were okay, thought they might be a bit high for lunch and the neighborhood/atmosphere. Overall good experience and we'd recommend.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

I've been a fan of the Providence Thai Star for years, so I was eager to check out the new one in Cranston. I was happy to find that the food here is every bit as good: fresh ingredients, subtly spiced and with a range of spiciness so that everyone in the group can find the right dish. The menu includes many favorites from the original Thai Star: gau lao soup(spicy, with terrific flavor, and hard to find in Thai restaurants around here), a great selection of noodle dishes, and a variety of curry entrees. Portion sizes are good and prices very reasonable. The service is warm and friendly, too.

Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

Very authentic cuisine. Pad Thai very tasty, service was good and the place smelled amazing! You can tell they use all fresh ingredients and cook with love. We will be back.

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Just left there! Placed an order over the phone using their online menu. The bill should have been $23.65 for 3 items. First they charged me correctly but have me the wrong order. I realized before I left there were only 2 items in bag. Then he returned that order and gave t.me the correct order. But when I got outside I realized they charged me $38.50!!! They would not change the charge for when I showed them my phone with the menu, they said it was the lunch menu. Mind you it doesn't say that on the the site and they said not their fault as someone else did the site.
They would not honor it! Needless to say I returned the food, got a full discount and drove literally 5 minutes down Chalkstone Ave. To an equally good Chinese take out and ordered there.
They have lost my business!!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Off the beaten path and in located in an urban community. We enjoyed our hot and exotic appetizers and meal tremendously! If you want to save money and don't need all the decorative fan fair that adorns the walls of other Thai restaurants then do try this place. Tell the waitress that the girl from Texas recommended you. Also, you must experience the mango and sticky rice dessert! Loved it!