“Aok tex mex food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Busy place on a Thursday night! Good Mexican food around Hope street, divey vibe.

Parking is limited but there are some street parking spots available. We came as a group and were seated immediately. Service was quick and efficient and the waiters were friendly although busy.

Got the ground beef enchilada with the mole sauce which was pretty good. The beans were a tad cold but enchilada itself was good. I like that you can combine 2 or 3 items such as enchilada with something else like tortas, etc.

The house margaritas were decent, not the best I've had, no seasonal drinks when we went. Overall, 3.5 stars for great service but their drinks and food weren't anything special and didn't leave me wanting more. Good place to hang out after work!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Not only was the service great, but the food was absolutely heavenly! Started out the night with a couple of margaritas and alligator bites for an appetizer and then moved on to the tacos. Loved the variety of flavors that merried together in the tacos and I thought that the atmosphere helped make it a great night! Will definitely return for more nights out!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The Margaritas are great as are the Chips and Salsa are amazing. This is an East side fixture . We walk there at least once a month.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I like Tortilla Flats because of its quality offerings while still maintaining that 'neighborhood bar' feel. The margaritas are strong and not watered down and the food is delicious. Prices are decent for the portions you receive. For your friends that don't like Mexican, they have a good burger and sandwich selection.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I had a $6 margarita, he had a Dos Equis and the two of us split a combo plate of two tamales (chicken and beef) with beans and rice ($10.99) while sitting at the bar, celebrating a PC Friars men's basketball win -- I was more than satisfied! The tamales we ordered came off the combination section, where you can choose from burritos, tamales, enchiladas and mix it up. Our bartender/server was pleasant AND helpful, and on a Wednesday night at 9:00 there was plenty of room at the bar. A server at another restaurant had recommended we come here for cheap and potent margaritas and I have to agree -- DEFINITELY recommend the margaritas!