“Something Special!”

Ranked #143 of 865 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Cambodian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed January 21, 2018

I have not been here in years, and frankly, I had forgotten how good it is. My friend was visiting from North Carolina. He is a vegetarian and I brought him to a vegetarian restaurant down the street. The was an hour wait to get in, so I took him here instead. I remembered that there was a diverse enough menu that he would find something he would like.

We got the last table available. The place was full at 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon! There is only on street parking, so you may have to walk a block or 2 to get here, but its worth it.

The menu is Thai, Cambodian and Chinese. There are dishes with meat, and a vast menu of meatless dishes. We were also told that any dish we wanted could be made without the meat component. Good to know and very accommodating!

We went with the lunch specials. The prices are$6.75 to $8.75. The portions are regular dinner sized portions. More than filling. I went with the sweet and sour chicken which includes a choice of one of several kinds of rice and choice of one appetizer, including egg roll, chicken finger or wing, crab rangoon or shrimp nime chow. I got the fried rice and crab rangoon. The rice was a veggie rice, more Thai than Chinese, yellowish orange in color with baby peas and corn. Very flavorful. And crab rangoon. The crab rangoon was loaded with filling and came with a very tasty orange sauce. There were 7 or 8 battered and fried chicken fingers topped with sweet and sour sauce. The sauce had chunks of onion, green pepper, pineapple and cherries. All cooked in with the sauce and crispy. Absolutely out of this world. All for $6.75. ($5.75 on week days) My friend had the General Tao's Tofu with Vegetable Garlic noodle. He got the stick rice side and the Nime Chow appetizer with a tasty peanut sauce. He said it was well seasoned. The tofu was battered and fried. The noodles had a mild soy flavor. Again, $6.75. We both walked out completely satisfied. Oh, the beverage was a pot of hot tea, which comes with all meals at no extra charge.

For a full menu, check out their website. If you're on the East Side of Providence, and looking for the best Asian meal in the area, this is the place to go!

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

We've come here a number of times and the food is always good. We were here with family this weekend and had a really good time. We started with the nime chow, beef teriyaki sticks and coconut soup - fantastic! We also had the crispy black pepper scallops, chicken Lo mein, and the volcano sir fry (hot). Service was good and very friendly.

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Another quick meal lunch not expecting much but to just fill me up....to my surprise a wonderful and tasty Snapper fish with sweet and sour sauce. The price is very competitive compared to all other in the area but definitely a winner in price and tasty. Will comeback in a SNAP!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

This restaurant has some excellent dishes, always generous portions and wonderful staff. A few favorites include the Thai salad, lemongrass dry stir fry, peapod leaves or baby bok chop with ginger and garlic . Their hot and sour soup is also quite nice.
Their portions are generous and they offer brown rice.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

They have a varied menu...pad Thai, singapore noodle, dumplings, soups, salads. Very accommodating so you may want to ask for less salt as with a lot if restaurants food can tend to be overly salty and sweet. Best part, it's BYOB. Simple interior, no frills, smaller restaurant and always busy!! Sister restaurant apsara is right next door. Same menu and also byob