“Lobster Ravioli, Veal Parmiagiana, Free Valet Parking”
Review of Pane E Vino

Pane E Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Pane E Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 897 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McAvoy St.
Description: Joseph and Esther DeQuattro introduced Pane e Vino to Providence, RI in 2002. Grounded in the spirit and tradition of Southern Italy, at Pane Vino you’ll find your favorite dishes expertly prepared and served in a rustic but elegant setting. Combining the very best of tradition with current executions to form a straightforward philosophy...local, simple, & fresh. The menu and daily specials highlight seasonal flavors, fresh local produce, an all-Italian wine list, and imported specialties from Italy. Signature dishes include a Buacatini Amatriciana, Frutti di Mare with squid ink linguine, and a Veal Chop Parmigiana. Whether you are celebrating a family occasion, enjoying a date night, or a working dinner, Pane e Vino offers many choices to customize your meal. Whatever you choose, Pane E Vino guarantees that you will be satisfied, as do the people of Rhode Island who voted it best Italian restaurant in the state in the Rhode Island Monthly magazine's reader's poll.
Reviewed March 6, 2016

Federal Hill offers plenty of options for lunch and dinner. If you're craving lobster ravioli or veal parm, though, Pane E Vino is worth a visit. It's a small place on the western end of Atwells Avenue, and the limited on-street parking in this section of Providence is a welcome extra. It's a small place, with tables close together, and it can be noisy on a busy night (especially Saturdays). The Sweetie and I have visited several times, and enjoyed each meal. On our most recent visit, we were there for a very early dinner, and though the server was pleasant and attentive, we felt a little rushed to choose entrees, finish app and salad, and pay the bill. That aside, the food was as delicious as on our previous visits. We started with Point Judith calamari (very tender) and a beet/arugula salad (fresh greens, portion was a little small). The ravioli was terrific, and the portion size (8 ravioli) just right. The Sweetie enjoyed his veal, which came with a side of ziti in a hearty marinara sauce. It would have been too much/heavy for me, but he enjoyed every bite. The wine list has a well-chosen selection of wines by the glass; I enjoyed a glass of the Nebbiolo and it went well with the ravioli. Buon appetito!

Reviewed February 15, 2016

Nice eclectic feeling. One of the best places on Federal Hill for a consistently good meal.
Service is unhurried but attentive. We went for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Great meal.

Reviewed February 11, 2016 via mobile

So today was our 4 year anniversary I surprised my hubby with a new restaurant for dinner Pane e Vino on federal hill ..... Let's just say it was worth every last penny! They decorated our table for our anniversary such a nice touch. We started off with calamari and meatballs ...hands down they were to die for, then we had a baby spinach salad that was incredible and fresh. oh let me tell you about the lobster ravioli ...it seemed to be hand made by the Gods. Generous amount of meat and the sauce was so rich and flavorful ... Very authentic Italian food. Yum... At this point I was stuffed, but our wonderful waiter Sam let us know the chef prepared us a special dessert! I put my differences to the side (my stuffed belly and my anxious taste buds) and we received the Tiramisu, bread pudding and a cannoli... Bread pudding was my fav. Warm crispy moist ... Must try!.... Let me tell you I fell in love with the hands that prepared our wonderful dinner. Everything I tried was phenomenal. I highly recommend this place to everyone. The service was just awesome thank you to my waiter Sam and Cary, made me feel like I was at home or VIP. EXCELLENT SERVICE...I can't wait to go back. Just started my anniversary off perfectly. Thank you PANE E VINO If your looking for someone where special... Definitely a place to go. Happy eating

1  Thank Tasia S
Reviewed January 25, 2016 via mobile

I love this restaurant, the food is always amazing and the service is always great. I went with my husband last Saturday night and had a fantastic time, it's the perfect place if you're looking for somewhere romantic but not "stuffy".

Of course we started with the Calamari ( I could literally eat this all day, everyday), and we each got a salad.
For the Entrée I went with one of my favorites the Frutti di Mare, it's loaded with shrimp, clams, baby octopus, mussels, and calamari. My husband went with the Filet Mignon, I didn't try it but he said it was cooked perfectly.
Now even though by this point I was completely full we had to order dessert, we split the gelato and the bread pudding, if you don't have the room order the bread pudding to go, it's definitely worth it.
I definitely recommend this restaurant for either date night or girls night, and no matter what you order you're going to love it!!

Reviewed January 22, 2016

Stopped in after giving blood and had a great hunger the was met with a mixed bag of results. The restaurant is small and quaint yet decorated in the feel of a true italian trattoria. They open at 5:00pm and arrived around 5:30. to my surprise I was the only customer on a friday evening. I decided on eating at the bar and opted for the restaurant week menu of a roasted beet salad which was nicely dressed with this slices of red and yellow beets, goat cheese, walnuts over a arugula base. Very tasty and opened the palette for more. The next course was pan seared red snapper. The presentation was very nice but the dish was a let down. My fish was 50% bloodline which made for and extremely fishy taste, much like a bluefish. Beyond that the edges of the fish were over cooked and very chewy. The rest of the main dish which included french green beans, roasted peppers and olives were a nice counter point. The high point of my meal was the desert. TerraMuse which was light, and a perfect way to end the meal. Service was on point, and the the staff was very nice. Would return but will not trust the kitchen with a fish dish next time.