“Great Veal Parmigiana ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Federal Hill
Description: We pride ourselves as being the oldest family owned Italian restaurant in Rhode Island, serving the absolute freshest and finest quality Cuisine for over 60 years. Our Chefs and Cooks, with their interpretations of the great tastes of Joe Marzilli's Old Canteen Italian Restaurant, make dining in our dining room a gourmet experience. We offer everything from appetizers to complete dinners. Italian food nourishes body and soul by celebrating fresh ingredients prepared with love - best enjoyed surrounded by loved ones!
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

I stopped here for dinner on a Monday evening. The place was fairly busy. For dinner I ordered the 7 course veal parmigiana. It was excellent. Plenty of food to eat at a reasonable price. $22

Reviewed September 13, 2016

On this visit we waited 10 minutes for a waiter to greet us. No such luck I had someone else hail down a waitperson. The drinks were ok , as was the service once we were underway. We were struck at how bad the carpeting was. When you enter it is quite threadbare and takes away from the overall experience.

Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

This has to be one of our all time favorite restaurants. From the moment one steps thru the door you are greeted as though you are family and served like you are the only one that matters. All meals start with a salad followed by soup and pasta then end with either jello or Italian ice cream or you can if you prefer just have a la carte and the prices are more then reasonable. It is generally packed so I would advise making a reservation.

1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed September 10, 2016

A group of us stopped in for dinner a while ago and the place was amazing! The food was delicious, the service was great and the place looked amazing..Add this to your list when you are in the area.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I and our 21-year-old grandson had dinner there last night. The food was amazing the service was amazing. I had the best veal piccata that I've ever had the veal was tender the sauce was lemony. My husband had the braciole and he said the sauce was the best he's had in a long time as was the braciole. Grandson thoroughly enjoyed the linguini Alfredo. Definitely would go back there.

Date of visit: August 2016