All reviews india point park bike path indian point highway side great view of the bay free parking brown university short drive the hotel offers shuttle service very nice hotel close to downtown would stay here again pleasant stay an upgrade college hill rhode island
Reviewed October 8, 2018

The hotel is located right across from the harbor and a small park. The views on the harbor side are gorgeous and sound from the highway is minimal but you can still hear the traffic. The rate was not worth the room or view, 50$ less would have been just right. Check the room, there were hairs on the bed and towels, otherwise very clean. Staff was pretty phenomenal other than a check in hiccup.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Good location with a good water view, at an upgrade. Rooms need some attention as far as a lot of loose towel racks, loose shower rack and door to bathroom sticks. Most of the staff was excellent. Will probably stay closer to main part of downtown on next visit. If I pay what they are asking for rooms, I expect more attention to detail - referring to the maintenance.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

First choice was Newport. Glad we decided to save a bunch of money and stay here, catch the ferry to Newport for the day instead.

The staff especially Naomi and Natalie were especially wonderful. Not sure if that was their usual asigned area or if they were simply helping out but there was a third person who came across as incredibly territorial. Every question of either Natalie or Naomi was abruptly answered by her even from across the room, not sure what that was about but again, kudos to Natalie and Naomi.

Dave the shuttle driver was great as well. Pretty much took us anywhere we needed to go and picked us up promptly.

The rooms lobby was spacious with a bar/restaurant overlooking the water. Was a little disappointed that all coffee was taken away after breakfast but I got over it.

The rooms were clean, a little small in my opinion but a good use of space.
Definitely worth a return trip.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here the night of 9/19. Onsite parking. Close to major highways. The noise was very noticeable in my room on the 6th floor. Love the Hilton digital keys! Small fitness center. Breakfast for a fee. Friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at this hotel many times this year & seldom have a problem. My last trip here a month ago I arrived to find the room that I was given was not the room I booked. I wasn’t happy about it, but I was only on a one day visit so I rolled with it. This time I arrived to find there was quite a bit of hair all over the bathroom. There was hair under the toilet seat, hair in the shower and hair on the floor. There were also what look like little rubber bands like the ones people use on their braces. It was basically clear that the floor had not been swept or vacuumed. The carpet had all kind of random dirt and tissue pieces just further solidifying the room had not been well cleaned. I felt like I needed to keep some kind of shoes on at all times. I can’t say I’ve had this issue before & would most likely give them another chance since I’ve had lots of previous, pleasant stays here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
KathyS3930, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Providence, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear Telicia J,

Thank you for taking the time to your comments about your stay with us. We value and appreciate your business. I'm so sorry to learn that this stay with us wasn't the best. Please accept our apologies! Your comments will be shared with the team to ensure we get these things corrected.

I look forward to your returned visit, hopefully soon.

Kathy Schnell