“Thanks for Finding This Gem”
Review of Eastland Motel

Eastland Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Lubec B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Wonderful clean, comfortable Motel. Our room as most was recently upgraded with new soft goods, fresh paint and the bath was totally updated. Convinent location on main route to Campobello Island National Park. Owners made us welcome and offered information on local resturants and must see sights. Free breakfast was a nice selection of local muffins, juice and very good coffee. Breakfast coversations with other renters were great. A bit out of town but I liked the location. Priced right!

Room Tip: All rooms were great as far as I could tell, we loved room 8
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill S

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We stayed in Rooms 9& 10 on 7/28/17. Rooms were big & very clean. Staff was very accommodating when arrived early & extremely nice our entire stay. Eat at The Shorething Restaurant just down the road.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank thehillsofmaine
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My car broke down on the way there and I had to cancel my reservation at 6:00PM. The woman told me she had turned away probably ten people, which I believe since it's Saturday night and the weather is great. She said if she got someone to fill the room she wouldn't charge me.

She went out of her way and called all of the other hotels in town and told them if they had anyone they had to turn away to send them to her. 30 minutes later she called back and had a booking. She didn't have to do that and I would have understood. And she was delightful to talk to as well.

I will absolutely be returning to see the park and there is no question where I will be staying!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DonBXX
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Very clean & so comfortable The staff was so nice, made us feel at home. Very quiet, the breakfast was good selection of baked goods. Room was very homey & bed was very comfortable. Air conditioning. The grounds were very inviting.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol Z
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

All I can say is Wow, very quaint and neat mom and pop motel. The owners were very pleasant and helpful. Room was very spacious and clean. Bed was super comfortable, and all the conveniences of home . Breakfast was a nice assortmet of items, including home made muffins. Check them out.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenneth T
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We stay for several days with our dogs July 2017. The rooms were clean, atmosphere was A+ as were the people . The motel was very accommodating for people with pets and disabilities. People were super friendly. it was like visiting family. We met quite a few people who had been there before who also raved about the motel and the owners. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting the owners, but met their mascot Max (their (dog). I can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee S
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My wife, myself, and a group of photographer friends returned to Lubec, Maine this month to enjoy the area, and we, once again, stayed at the Eastland Motel. Located a mile or two outside of downtown Lubec, the Eastland Motel is still an enjoyable place to stay.

This year we stayed in one of the front rooms and not in a room in the side wing of the motel. While the room needed some better air circulation (we could have used the A/C if we wanted), the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and I really liked having the Adirondack chairs right outside the front door. It made for a nice relaxing spot after an day of wandering and shooting photos.

The grounds were in great shape, parking plentiful, and, like last year the owners--Heather and her husband--were welcoming hosts and wanted to make sure that everything was OK with our room (which it was).

The real director of the motel is Max, Heather's dog. He's a young black lab, and he keeps track of the comings and goings of the guests. And if you like the game, he'll teach you how to play fetch and keep you playing for a while. And when you stop playing he'll make you feel guilty.

The morning breakfast in the main office is muffins, fruit, coffee and yogurt, and you can take and enjoy whatever you want. The coffee at breakfast and in the rooms is tasty, and I think it's fair trade coffee. In line with this thinking Heather continues to run the hotel with the wellness of the environment in mind, and she is constantly making improvements in this area.

Eastland Motel is a great place to stay. I'm not big on motels, but I enjoyed Eastland better than most hotels. The owners are always thinking about the guests, and working to keep your stay a good one. And Max helps, too!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends