“Better than expected”

Tucson Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Ranked #17 of 280 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Old Tucson is open for the 2016/2017 season! Old Tucson is Where the Spirit of the Old West Comes Alive! Southern Arizona's one-of-a-kind Wild West attraction features live action stunt shows, musicals and live entertainment, vintage rides for the kids and special events throughout the season. Step back in time as you make your way through town, walking the same streets made famous by movie legends such as John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Elizabeth Taylor, Steve Martin, Sharon Stone and more! Home to more than 400 films and commercial productions, Old Tucson remains the region's premier film location. Experience the diversity of our Native American and other cultural ancestry through our living history programs celebrating life in the Arizona Sonora Desert region during Arizona's Territorial Period.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
NJ
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was happily surprised with the visit here. I guess i did not know what to expect. I did not realize sooo many things were filmed there. I think they need to display more about the films and it would entice more people. The singing show was good and the gunfight too. If you haven't been to one of these types of "theme towns" in a long time it's not so bad.

Visited February 2012

Tucson, Arizona
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“For kids, not adults”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is an area in the desert where Hollywood used to shoot western films back in thed 50s and 60s. They have recreations of gun fights which kids enjoy. The price of entry is high for what you get.

1 Thank MDavisTucson_AZ
Tucson, Arizona
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Cute and quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Suspend belief for a day. This is not an authentic western town, nor is to supposed to be. Think of it as a working Hollywood movie set and you get the point. The actors are always "on: and the fun is lighthearted. Nothing scary. Fun for kids. Easy parking and good food can be had for a decent price.

Tucson
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A great place for children of all ages!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Out in the middle of nowhere near Tucson is the old west brought back to life. Our grandkids love the gunfights, the saloon show, and the rides. The adults enjoy looking around at the old movie studio buildings that bring back memories of their favorite westerns. A great place to spend the day.

Waukegan, Illinois, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR HORSEBACK RIDING!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I called to make a reservation and was told I had to be called back due to the park closing. I waited and waited and finally called back. I was told my call/questions wasn't the most important thing the lady had to deal with and she had "sick children and sick old people" and that "I had no freaking idea" about her life. She then told me not to call her when I was upset even though I gave no hint of being upset. I was also told that she already gave me an answer when I received no call back. So I decided to cancel and go to a different ranch that was only 10 minutes away from this place.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Rebecca E

Been to Old Tucson? Share your experiences!