We have stayed at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort and liked the area. Its a nice secluded area in a residential and scenic section of Tucson. A family member provided timeshare points for us to enjoy this location. Thanks to Kara at the front desk we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which was very nice and spacious with a full kitchen. The unit was very clean and had nice views of the desert and city. There are hiking trails nearby and Starr Pass Resort is walking distance, but not much else is close. This is not a bad thing for relaxation! The pool is olympic sized and the workout area is nice. We didnt golf, but the course is amazing. The Catalina BBQ located in the registration/clubhouse area is must for happy hour. The food was great, we had appetizers; Pulled pork potato skins, beer battered onion rings and chicken wings.....all large portions and are wonderful. They serve with many specialty BBQ sauces that are tasty and unique. The servings were enough that we brought back leftovers to the suite and had plenty for lunch/snack the next day. The staff was fun and friendly.
We took in a AAA Tucson Padres game, KIno stadium is actually close...so was wrong that its not close to anything :) There is a Albersons grocery about 15 minutes away to stock up that fridge.
If you want to relax you cant beat this location. They also have great summer rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Starr Pass Golf Suites is a Southwest vacation jewel. At the heart of the resort is the celebrated Starr Pass Golf Course a 27-hole Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Facility. Its desert style layout and dramatic terrain challenges golfers of all skill levels. Starr Pass Golf Suites is also perfect for a family getaway, hiking, or those seeking to enjoy the culture and adventure of the old southwest. The magnificent views from your spacious casita include natural desert landscaping drenched in 350 days of sunshine per year. A 75-foot heated Olympic swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness center are just the beginnings of a full array of amenities. Come see all the Tucson foothills have to offer at this southwest getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Starr Pass Golf Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starr Pass Golf Hotel Tucson
- Starr Pass Hotel
- Starr Pass Resort
- Starr Pass Golf Suites Tucson, Arizona