Stayed at the Ranch in early February. My only real complaint was the cold weather and too short of a stay. We planned an overnight on Sat. for the ourdoor barbecue and live music, what a hoot! The food was terrific, with several large bonfires to keep everyone warm and great entertainment. The morning ride to breakfast, was scenic, though cold, and the blueberry pancakes and hot coffee a welcome treat in the cold winter air. The room was spacious, with a patio, and clean. The bedroom has been renovated, although the bathroom could use some modernization. The fireplace was warm and homey, although the chimney needs a good sweeping - there is a strong smell of smoke in the room from the poor ventilation and draw on the fireplace! There are two types of casistas, both spacious. For a small extra fee, your patio looks out over the ranch and the desert. I didn't undertsand the difference, and were in the less expensive option, which looked into the forest, missing the sunset, desert views. I would spend the extra money to have a casita with a view. There is a real sense of history here, with original buildings, photos and guest book entries from the 1920's! We look forward to returning with our adult children, the ranch has enough to offer for everyone, from cycling trails, small fishing pond, spa, heated pools (open 24 hours) and a great bar! Although is seems pricey at first, your stay includes horseback riding, bicycles, fishing, meals, and snacks through out the day. Great fun at a pretty good value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanque Verde Ranch Resort was named "Best Dude Ranch in Arizona" by Dude Republic in 2012, as well as a "Top Ten Family Resort" by the Travel Channel since 2007, and a "Top Five Ranch" by Conde Nast in 2008. Tanque Verde Ranch is one of America’s old time cattle and guest ranches. Located on 60,000 acres of Tucson’s most breathtaking desert landscapes, nestled amongst the Rincon Mountains and adjacent to Saguaro National Park and Coronado National Forest. Established in 1868, the superb guest ranch is recognized as the last luxurious outpost of the old west providing guests with plush accommodations, unparalleled amenities and a vast array of exciting activities such as horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing and hiking. La Sonora Spa is the perfect place for a bit of quiet relaxation, and the kids will love all the supervised children's programs! Don't hesitate – getaway at one of the premier, all-inclusive dude ranches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tanque Verde Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanque Verde Ranch Hotel Tucson
- Tanque Verde Ranch Tucson, Arizona