A fantastic holiday for the whole family (with a major caveat (discussed at the end of this review)) -- the kids program keeps the children active and engaged all day, teaching them to ride and giving them the confidence to compete on horseback after only five days (even our five year old son!). Tons for the adults to do as well -- riding, hiking, mountain biking, swimming, tennis... The food is of remarkably high quality; we looked forward to all three meals and the cookouts. The staff is uniformly friendly and welcoming, particulary the kids program leaders. However, someone there is evil. Our only complaint, and it is a major one, is theft. We left our Nikon D50 camera in the game room late one evening, and by the following morning it was gone. Stupid, yes, but the ranch is reasonably remote, so it was clearly staff or a guest who stole it. Management was vaguely sympathetic but did nothing to help us find the camera. Not only did we lose the camera, but also all our pictures in its memory. Offers of rewards and calls for a police report did nothing to spur the staff to action. We were very disappointed by this tremendous blot on an otherwise very enjoyable vacation. If you do choose to visit Tanque Verde, don't count on being surrounded by honest people -- there's at least one rotten apple in that bunch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanque Verde Ranch Resort was named "Best Dude Ranch in Arizona" by Dude Republic in 2012, as well as a "Top Ten Family Resort" by the Travel Channel since 2007, and a "Top Five Ranch" by Conde Nast in 2008. Tanque Verde Ranch is one of America’s old time cattle and guest ranches. Located on 60,000 acres of Tucson’s most breathtaking desert landscapes, nestled amongst the Rincon Mountains and adjacent to Saguaro National Park and Coronado National Forest. Established in 1868, the superb guest ranch is recognized as the last luxurious outpost of the old west providing guests with plush accommodations, unparalleled amenities and a vast array of exciting activities such as horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing and hiking. La Sonora Spa is the perfect place for a bit of quiet relaxation, and the kids will love all the supervised children's programs! Don't hesitate – getaway at one of the premier, all-inclusive dude ranches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Tanque Verde Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanque Verde Ranch Hotel Tucson
- Tanque Verde Ranch Tucson, Arizona