We just had our tenth spring break at the ranch and all I can say is that our teenagers still love to go with us (if fact it is their decision every year to return). They adored it when they were in the kids program and they still love to see Nancy, their former counselor at the ranch and love to lope with all the wranglers they grew up with. I would say that there have been a fair amount of positive changes in terms of the food this year (though we would like to see the barbeque meatballs back- at least the teens would) and some new activities. I would say though be sure to ask about the non-riding activities as it does not appear that they tell you as much about those programs as they had in years past (when they are doing the sign up) and it was only by luck I found out about a few of the new activities. Another tip is to ask for the schedule when you are thinking of coming. For example you want to get a kids'slesson in before the breakfast ride-so you want to arrive in time to take one the day before. One thing I regret is that they have reduced the hiking when there is a breakfast ride- a couple of friends who hike there also mentioned it to me. If hiking is stlll a mainstay we will be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanque Verde Ranch Resort was named "Best Dude Ranch in Arizona" by Dude Republic in 2012, as well as a "Top Ten Family Resort" by the Travel Channel since 2007, and a "Top Five Ranch" by Conde Nast in 2008. Tanque Verde Ranch is one of America’s old time cattle and guest ranches. Located on 60,000 acres of Tucson’s most breathtaking desert landscapes, nestled amongst the Rincon Mountains and adjacent to Saguaro National Park and Coronado National Forest. Established in 1868, the superb guest ranch is recognized as the last luxurious outpost of the old west providing guests with plush accommodations, unparalleled amenities and a vast array of exciting activities such as horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing and hiking. La Sonora Spa is the perfect place for a bit of quiet relaxation, and the kids will love all the supervised children's programs! Don't hesitate – getaway at one of the premier, all-inclusive dude ranches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tanque Verde Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanque Verde Ranch Hotel Tucson
- Tanque Verde Ranch Tucson, Arizona