White Stallion Ranch
La Posada Lodge and Casitas(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$71
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$190
US$169
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$97
US$180
US$139
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfast ridespetting zoobarrel racingevening entertainmentmountain ridesslow ridecattle penninggames roomriding abilitiesholiday of a lifetimeair hockeyline dancingan experienced riderart classnon ridershonor barother guests
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Travelled to the ranch last year with my new bride. Great staff, the best food, and great activities. I had never been on a horse in my life when we got there but thanks to the one on one coaching I was one fast rides through the desert within 3 days. I would go back to this place tomorrow given the chnace.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

After reading all the reviews of this ranch on Tripadvisor I was extremely excited to be going there this month. We got back last week and are already planning to go back! It is a fabulous place from the service to the accomodations to the hosts and of course the horses. The owners, the True family, are very hands-on. Russell True is everywhere! And the wranglers, especially JC, do everything to help you enjoy your riding. They are all very friendly and accomodating and put even the most intimidated riders at ease. They are all about your safety and that of their horses. We stayed in a deluxe double which was tastefully decorated in a western motif. The room was very large with a king bed, a sofabed area and coffee table and a table with 4 chairs. The room is actually too big for 2 people! When we go back we will probably downsize. The food was excellant, and is served buffet style except for breakfast where you can have it made-to-order and is served in a very timely manner. (so you can get out for a morning ride!) I can't say enough good things about my experience at the WS. We were made to feel very much at home from the time we arrived and felt very comfortable and a part of things from the start. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 21 and loved its location. Not too close to the main lodge but close to the horses.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My second visit this month, as usual a great experience thanks to the True brothers and their staff. No better place to visit and enjoy the western experience. Great people, great food and great horses. Been to others, but I always return to the WSR the happiest place on earth will be back in August and December 2012......

Room Tip: Any and all rooms are great!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louie H
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Well again the best kept secret does it again everything a person could wish for & then 110% more so if its alright with everyone SHHHH about WSR. They even have a jeep that doubles up as the cavalry ( always to the rescue in the nick of time) It Saved me. So just think of 5 star ranch in the Arizona desert with, a pool and your either in heaven or at WHITE STALLION

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Great news! You don't have to trek to the Himalayas to find paradise. Instead, book a stay at WSR, which is only a 40 minute drive from Tucson's airport. Despite its close proximity to Tucson, WSR feels like a distant hideaway because it's a 3000 acre ranch that's adjacent to the Saguaro National Park. Its location, including access to the National Park, enables all who visit to enjoy the unspoilt beauty of the Arizona desert and surrounding low mountains. In addition to the incredibly varied rides and hikes for all abilities, a person will be able to enjoy this beauty and an incredible peacefulness simply while sitting in any one of the many welcoming places on the ranch grounds. Enhancing this feeling of utopia is the unparalleled hospitality of the True family and WSR's staff. From the moment you arrive, you're treated in all aspects of your stay as if you're the most honored guest of the WSR family. And, they endeavor to make every single person feel this way in such a natural and unobtrusive manner. I've just returned from my third trip to WSR. The first week-long visit was in Spring 2009 with my 14 year old daughter. The second week-long visit was in November 2009 with my daughter and my (then) 67 year old mother and 85 year old father. During those trips, my daughter enjoyed the freedom of a (safe) ranch environment by roaming the grounds and enjoying its facilities and nightly programs with her newly-made friends, riding for hours each day in the desert and mountains, and even being granted her request to wash and groom her horse after her daily rides. As for my parents, they not only enjoyed the calm and relaxation that comes with WSR, but also rode despite not having been on a horse for decades. To this day, although being world-travelled, they tell me WSR has been their favorite vacation. This third trip with was my urban-DC husband (newly married) -- the type of person so far removed from seeking the ranch experience. As of our arrival, he had never been to a ranch, never rode a horse, swore he wouldn't ride a horse, and planned to do work while there. (He's also particular about his food and needs a white-noise machine to sleep.) Well, he took one lesson and then wanted to go on rides thereafter, fell into the WSR easy way of life like a fish to water, looked forward to and enjoyed every meal, never once needed the white-noise machine, and so enjoyed his interactions with other ranch guests. Yep, there's a Shangri-La for folks of all ages and experiences just outside of Tucson!

Room Tip: I've stayed in multiple categories of rooms from my three trips, excepting the economy (but I've seen the inside of it and would book it for myself on a future trip). I've been pleased with each of the different categories, particularly given that all of them have outside patios with seating, there are many gathering places throughout the ranch grounds, and we spent so much time away from the rooms during the days and nights. For me, it's really the size of the room you want, whether you want a fireplace and/or jacuzzi bathtub, and whether it needs to be connecting to another room that directs your room selection.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple