Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson
GLH Hotel(Tucson)
Amazon Motel(Tucson)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewshi expressfront deskthe breakfast arealocal attractionsbeds were comfortableclean hotelexcellent staythird floorpima air museumconvenient locationother hotelsroom was spotlessheated poolwould stay here againcomplimentary breakfastminute drivenice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Just completed a 6 night stay at this Holiday Inn Express for business. The hotel is like new and nice. My only complaint was my room was on the pool side of the hotel and since I was there summer months kids were in the pool screaming and playing up until late hours of the night. There is a sign that states the pool closes at 10pm but this is not enforced.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank wooldric
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We booked this hotel based on trip advisors reviews and we were not disappointed. We asked for a room away from the bakery :-) Our room (2 Queens) was clean, had a microwave and fridge. The breakfast room was big with enough tables and the breakfast had the usual choice like yoghurts, cereal etc. The pool looked nice and clean. In the afternoon they served freshly baked cookies. We did not hear the train and had 3 nights of good sleep. The free WiFi worked just fine too. Next time we are in Tucson we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: we had room to the front
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I've been working in Tucson from out of town and staying at this hotel for the past 6 weeks. The first night I was there I gave them my personal debit card to hold the room as it was after hours (big mistake). The next morning my boss called hotel and gave my company credit card info for payment. A few days later they made a charge to my personal credit card. As I know mistakes happen, I was not angry and I brought it to the attention of the hotel manager and he apologized and credited the amount back, although it took 5 days to get the money back in my account. He also assured me that he would take my personal debit card out of their system so that this would not happen again. A week later, they charged my personal credit card again. Again, took 5 days to get my money back and manager said he would remove my personal card into. Several weeks went by with no problems. Again last night, my personal debit card was charged, but this time for almost $700 dollars. Now I am irate. Best part is, since this time they stole my money on a Friday night, I have to wait until Monday morning to talk to anyone who is "authorized" to credit the amount back. I tried to call Holiday Inn Corporate for assistance and was told that since this is an independently owned location, there is nothing they can do. For the icing on the cake, the last time I spoke with the manager on the phone about this, he started laughing as he was telling me there was nothing he could do and nobody else he could talk to. I guess he thinks it's funny to anger someone who has given them their business for over a month and who works for a company who regularly patronizes this hotel for employees working in the Tucson area. I guess the only way to prevent this from happening again is to switch hotels, which will happen on Monday. I'll make sure my employer knows to never use this hotel again, not like there are not dozens of other choices in the area. This hotel is decent otherwise, but unfortunately being fairly clean and having nice rooms does not make up for them stealing my money. Please do yourself a favor and choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Madhater
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Stayed one night on business. No real complaints. Clean and quiet. Priority club bonus "snack mix" was a little chintzy.

The lady overseeing the morning breakfast was very helpful almost to being too helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Erick967
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I am the president of my daughter's gymnastic booster club and they had their state championships in Tucson. The host gym had blocked rooms for out of town clubs & families at a reduced rate. I had called to reserve 3 rooms for our coaches at that rate. I asked for the rate & was told ok. When my coaches returned with their receipts, I saw that they had been charged the full price, $40 per night, per room more than I was told when I made the reservation. I called the hotel and left several messages over several days for the manager, both with employees and on his voice mail. It took him over a week to return my calls. I explained my situation, and that our non-profit booster club fund raises to cover these expenses. We have a budget that is very strict and we could not afford the rooms at that rate. He informed me that I had made the reservation after the cutoff date of the reduced rate. I told him that I was NOT told that when I made the reservation. If I had been we wouldn't have stayed there. It was over our budget. He basically told me I was a liar, and that he knows what his employees say and that they would have told me that. He never actually talked to the employee I made my reservation with. I contact their corporate office, and all they did was forward my complaint to the same manager I had already spoken to. They sent me a reply telling me the same thing. I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn Express again! We were not looking for a full refund, just the difference from what I was told and what was charged! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011