“Great staff and motorcycle friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tucson
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Vidal Junction, California, United States
“Great staff and motorcycle friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

Very nice hotel and freeway close, and quiet. About 20 minutes from Old Tucson Movie Studios.

Room Tip: East side is the best. West side if you want to sleep late.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Just completed a 6 night stay at this Holiday Inn Express for business. The hotel is like new and nice. My only complaint was my room was on the pool side of the hotel and since I was there summer months kids were in the pool screaming and playing up until late hours of the night. There is a sign that states the pool closes at 10pm but this is not enforced.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank wooldric
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

We booked this hotel based on trip advisors reviews and we were not disappointed. We asked for a room away from the bakery :-) Our room (2 Queens) was clean, had a microwave and fridge. The breakfast room was big with enough tables and the breakfast had the usual choice like yoghurts, cereal etc. The pool looked nice and clean. In the afternoon they served freshly baked cookies. We did not hear the train and had 3 nights of good sleep. The free WiFi worked just fine too. Next time we are in Tucson we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: we had room to the front
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

I've been working in Tucson from out of town and staying at this hotel for the past 6 weeks. The first night I was there I gave them my personal debit card to hold the room as it was after hours (big mistake). The next morning my boss called hotel and gave my company credit card info for payment. A few days later they made a charge to my personal credit card. As I know mistakes happen, I was not angry and I brought it to the attention of the hotel manager and he apologized and credited the amount back, although it took 5 days to get the money back in my account. He also assured me that he would take my personal debit card out of their system so that this would not happen again. A week later, they charged my personal credit card again. Again, took 5 days to get my money back and manager said he would remove my personal card into. Several weeks went by with no problems. Again last night, my personal debit card was charged, but this time for almost $700 dollars. Now I am irate. Best part is, since this time they stole my money on a Friday night, I have to wait until Monday morning to talk to anyone who is "authorized" to credit the amount back. I tried to call Holiday Inn Corporate for assistance and was told that since this is an independently owned location, there is nothing they can do. For the icing on the cake, the last time I spoke with the manager on the phone about this, he started laughing as he was telling me there was nothing he could do and nobody else he could talk to. I guess he thinks it's funny to anger someone who has given them their business for over a month and who works for a company who regularly patronizes this hotel for employees working in the Tucson area. I guess the only way to prevent this from happening again is to switch hotels, which will happen on Monday. I'll make sure my employer knows to never use this hotel again, not like there are not dozens of other choices in the area. This hotel is decent otherwise, but unfortunately being fairly clean and having nice rooms does not make up for them stealing my money. Please do yourself a favor and choose a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Madhater
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

Stayed one night on business. No real complaints. Clean and quiet. Priority club bonus "snack mix" was a little chintzy.

The lady overseeing the morning breakfast was very helpful almost to being too helpful.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Erick967
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

I am the president of my daughter's gymnastic booster club and they had their state championships in Tucson. The host gym had blocked rooms for out of town clubs & families at a reduced rate. I had called to reserve 3 rooms for our coaches at that rate. I asked for the rate & was told ok. When my coaches returned with their receipts, I saw that they had been charged the full price, $40 per night, per room more than I was told when I made the reservation. I called the hotel and left several messages over several days for the manager, both with employees and on his voice mail. It took him over a week to return my calls. I explained my situation, and that our non-profit booster club fund raises to cover these expenses. We have a budget that is very strict and we could not afford the rooms at that rate. He informed me that I had made the reservation after the cutoff date of the reduced rate. I told him that I was NOT told that when I made the reservation. If I had been we wouldn't have stayed there. It was over our budget. He basically told me I was a liar, and that he knows what his employees say and that they would have told me that. He never actually talked to the employee I made my reservation with. I contact their corporate office, and all they did was forward my complaint to the same manager I had already spoken to. They sent me a reply telling me the same thing. I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn Express again! We were not looking for a full refund, just the difference from what I was told and what was charged! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank jittey3
Las Vegas, NV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

They stay was what I expect from a HIE property. Clean, Quiet, smoke free.
However, I am a Priority Member (Gold). Not that it gets me anything. I was using my points to pay for the stay. It was only one night. As usual, I was asked for License and Credit Card. The next day, I headed out across the Reservation in the middle of nowhere. Went to pump gas, and card wouldn't handle the $$60.00 charge. Called hotel and they admitted mistake. They had charged me 162.00 for the night, and I did not have my other cards on me. (Cards were cancelled and in transition from wife's purse stolen easrlier in week. But I had one CC that was not a joint account I know, my problem, my mistake) I asked for a manager, as I was stranded in Sells, AZ. He (Randy) did not answer. Left urgent message. This was on Thursday. I wrote scathing email once I bailed myself out of my own situation Filled up with $30 and had wife deposit funds. He wrote me email back on Monday saying he did not get my voicemail. Seriously? How do you think I got your name? Your voicemail. My first clue was, "Hi this is Randy."
He was advised by corporate that there was an issue. Gee, you are the General Manager. Don't you talk to your staff? They were advised. They knew there was a guy who was stranded in Sells, AZ because you charged his card $162.00 when you souldn't of. Isn't this something your staff would mention to the General Manager? You have my phone number from my Priority Gold Membership. You said you were out all weekend. What kind of Manager doesn't work on the busiest part of the week? I have worked in HR Management, and this is not how you do it.The Credit Card wasn't credited until the following Monday night either.
Well this was enough to wash my hands of Priority Club and HIE. If they are willing to leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere, and not even attempt to fix the issue (even apologize and make a small effort to "right" the situation, that's enough for me. Never again. Holiday Inn, you can thank the guy with faulty voicemail, poor communication with staff and guests, and weekends off, -his name is RANDY, at least that's what the guy says on his voicemail.

Room Tip: Suite is across from noisy elevator, ice machine
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business