“Relax”
Review of Copper Cactus Inn

Copper Cactus Inn
Ranked #116 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Swimming pool,sun...basic room. Friendly owners originally from Ahmedabad,India. Good wifi connecton. Fun to walk downtown in the evening for nice food. Many places to eat in. Different kinds of food options available.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 February 2016

I reserved what this motel laughingly refoers to as the "double room," so called not because of the size, but the fact that it has 2 beds. When I got there to take the room they told me they had none of the room type I had requested as they had reserved them for those who simply drive up as they pay more for the rooms and that I would have to take a requalr queen size room (even smaller) with only a single queen bed. For this smaller room they then charged me the SAME amount as the larger room I had reserved. I then complained as to this "bait and switch" method and that I would call the police if I didn't get the room I reserved and that they had cahrged me for. Finally they "found a room" like the one I had ordered. Don't trust these people, they will cheat you in a heart beat. Also, once in the room I found that the heater/cooler combo did not work, so my wife and I spent a cold night there. Additionaly the shower head was so low it actually came to the middle of my chest, making showers nearly impossible.

Room Tip: don't let them put you in the rooms along the east side, Impossible to park there and the rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leonard F
Reviewed 31 December 2015

The copper cactus inn is a collection of several buildings that are basically small sleeping rooms. I foolishly stayed there one week night and regretted it. First off the office was locked at 6;40 PM but I could see the TV going and hear voices in the room.I got pissed and found a fast food place,ate,went back 40 minutes later and the office was now open and the clerk denied that the door was locked!!! Rest of motel is dump and cost me with tax $42 , You can do better

Room Tip: Try the motel 6
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Bill83873
Reviewed 24 June 2015

It's an older place, but a great place to stay. Never any problems. Been staying here for years. The swimming pool is ok. Quiet in the summer time, ( no college ). We would always recommend this place, it is very good for the price.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Scott Z
Reviewed 2 June 2015

It's old and basic but after traveling for hours it will do!
Plus the price was the cheapest I could find and it's right across an awesome bar.
I found it to be cozy and basically a good deal for the price.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Dion T
Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

Bring your own blankets and wear socks! Room smells gross and mold in the bathrooms! Good enough if you have to stay somewhere but look around 1st.. wont stay the 2nd night or recommending this to anyone else.......................

• Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank angela m
Reviewed 9 December 2014

The bare necessities on a budget. Once she found the booking (messy office, stacks of paper everywhere) the price quoted was immediately questioned. Her dissatisfaction at the low number ($32/night) brought to my attention. I just shrugged to give her the impression that it wasn't my problem. She accepted and proceeded to check me in. Asked if I needed the network password, gave me the room number and key and said to go around back.

Room was ancient...if the walls - and bed! - could talk, the stories (Oh my!) they would tell! Clean, smell sorta reminded me of a hospital. Bed was okay comfortable, at least not lumpy. If you just need a place to crash (but aren't in a hurry to shower since there's no hot water), then this is the place for you! There's the "Meet Market" across the street so if you happen to get lucky the ambiance will be the least of your worries...

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business