“Happy Hour”

Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: West University
Neighbourhood: West University
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Loved this place! I recommend (for dinner) to come during happy hour. The sushi is so much more affordable, I believe it is everyday 3-6pm. So many to choose from, and the three we picked were absolutely amazing! I also loved the atmosphere.

The picture I provided isn't what came out right away. There were 8 pieces each to start (24 total).

Reviewed September 4, 2016

inside this restaurant is absolutely freezing cold but luckily there have a couple of tables out front. The sushi was good and very resonably priced, huge variety on the menu.

Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

Family of 4 thought that we would go for some sushi. Went at 7 pm. No trouble being seated since the place was nearly empty. We only ordered water to drink. Ordered food at around 7:05 pm- Appetizers: 1 miso soup, 1 order of egg roll, 1 edamame and small salad. Main course: 2 basic rice bowls and 2 standard rolls. Result: 7:15- edamame and egg roll delivered. 7:20 miso soup delivered. 7:25 small salad delivered. 7:35 pm two rolls delivered. So, two people had main course while others watched. 7:45 pm told rice bowls "would be right out." 8:05 pm one rice bowl delivered - not made as ordered. We gave up on the rice bowls, paid our check and left. Too bad, great location, but needs major management improvement.

Reviewed October 4, 2015

My husband and I went there for the first time. If you're looking for more of a quiet atmosphere like most sushi restaurants, this is not it. The place has terrible acoustics and is very loud, even when the restaurant was only half full.

We started with a calamari app. The taste was fine with a very light breading; however, there were only 7 small pieces on a virtually empty plate. Smallest order of calamari I have ever seen. If they aren't going to add more calamari, then at least put some greens or cucumber salad on the plate so it doesn't look so empty.

We ordered sake and the waitress brought the small bottle but no tea cups. It took a while to flag down someone to get them. Don't know if our waitress was new or just bad but she was very slow and unresponsive. Even other waitstaff jumped in occasionally to pick up dirty plates or check on us.

My husband had a noodle bowl; small portion and took forever to arrive. I had a spicy tuna roll and another roll. Rolls tasted fine and ingredients seem to be fresh but nothing out of the ordinary. We also had the cucumber salad which was very good.

It certainly wasn't the best Japanese meal we have ever had and the noise level was very loud; not conducive to a quiet, relaxing dinner. Service was definitely lacking. It is near the University and it seems as though they didn't know what they wanted to be. Is it a sushi restaurant or a sports bar? They need to get a better handle on what they plan to be going forward. If they want to be a true sushi restaurant then they need to get some booths to help with the noise and upgrade the level of service.

Reviewed August 6, 2015

I visited Fuku Sushi in 2012, but the Honor sushi roll was not as good as I remembered (or reviewed). Everything tasted a little old and the colors weren't very vibrant at all. The service was okay - nothing to rave about.

Been to Fuku Sushi? Share your experiences!