“Payment refunded”

Ranked #85 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Payment refunded”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

Selected this Tucson 8 as the parking was well lit and seemed secure...Requested a handicapped room w/fridge & microwave...Entering the room, found the bed stripped but...UNMADE ! Back direct,to the office (in the rain) through a area where the sidewalk was littered with construction debris... With apologies from the desk & back to another room by a less obstructed but covered route...No fridge or microwave in this second unit. The well worn sheets looked as if manufactured from recycled cardboard. However,unwilling to make another trip to the office,(long day in difficult driving conditions)we opted to make the best of a poor situation...In the AM,wishing to further inspect just how deteriorated the bed linen actually was...I found on my side, a old body fluid stain to include, dried fecal material !!! Not only old,old,old, UNCHANGED as well. As we has worn linens to bed(unstained) not us, the responsible party. Fully disgusted we called notso, Super 8 customer care line with our concerns...Then took the issues to the property management. And also personally,with the manager present,to the housekeeping staff...As a result, charges were reversed and we proceeded to the next Tucson motel adventure...There are plenty of Tucson budget options... give this one a miss...carracar

Room Tip: Try a different property
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carracar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

So my Husband plugs up the toilet and I call down to the office to get someone up to fix it and the girl tells me to come down and get a plunger. REALLY? Also, there was some black mold around the faucet in the shower.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Topmommy
La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Stayed late August 2010, rates for single were $58,47 with tax. Quiet, AC works well (needed to). Not bad, had bath, was clean, quiet, close to everything.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Mountain View Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

I realize that this is a budget hotel but there is no excuse for filth.

My wife dropped a bracelet along side the bet so I bent over to pick itup for her. As I lifted bhe bed covering I discovered that against the well between the bed and nightstand was a used condom.

I don't know when , if ever , the carpets were cleaned. My son-in law spilled some water on the floor so he went and got a towel to blot it dry. When he picked the towel up there was a dirt mark on it as black as a lump of coal.

I could continue but by now you all know how I feel about this place. I have NOTHING good to say about it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank tvlr65
US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

After driving 12 hours we were looking for a place to stay and selected this Super 8 based on the price. The front desk staff was friendly and quick and our room was fine. If you're just looking for a place, i think this place will suit your needs. Plus, It's really close to 1-10, which is convenient.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank amiga74
hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2009

I know this is bad, but I stayed here for a week during the gem show not once, not twice, but three times. i LOVE del taco, (we don't have del in hawaii) I was there for the gem show, and the location right off the highway was good too-I could walk to one show down the street.
I stayed in one of the "suites". It is sort of run down, and charging 139.00 a night during the gem show was just unbelievable. I had problems with the door not locking behind me,- you really had to pull and push too make sure it locked. I was buying expensive items, and did not feel too good about leaving anything in the room-
I made sure to mail my purchases home each day.
It is an ok place, and if they were charging 50.00 a night.
front desk guy was nice.

My room was very quiet-

• Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank mauijewels
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2007

we found the super 8 off the freeway just driving around looking for a place to stay

this location looks fairly new and is next to a ihop and del taco

the room was very clean and satisfactory , a fridge is included which is nice for a economy place

breakfast is included and served in the lobby area...toast , cereal , fruit and muffins along with juice and hot drinks

the pool looked a bit small and lame , but we didnt plan to use that anyway

• Liked — clean room
  • Stayed November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)