“Micro Menu”

Flying V Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying V Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,208 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Cuisines: Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Kolb/Sunrise
Description: Executive Chef Ken Harvey has created a delicious menu for you to savor indoors in our rustic dining room, in front of the cozy fireplace—or outdoors on our patio, surrounded by magnificent views. Indulge in our famous table-side guacamole, made to order by the guacamoliere, our very own guacamole expert who mixes the freshest ingredients just the way you like it.
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Excellent food in an excellent atmosphere. The service the night I was there was at their peak but it was not what you would call exceptional. I do not believe this was the fault of the staff but rather the staffing was lacking in numbers. The only other think I thought was curious was the scope of the menu and how limited it was. It was at best half the size of what one would normally expect. Having said this, I had the scallops and they were delicious.

AaronW2803, General Manager at Flying V Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your recent review as we appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again.

Aaron Wolf

Reviewed October 13, 2018

You have to try this, it is fine dining in great setting. Locals know! From great steaks to seafood with a local flair, perfect service and well qualified bartenders. The experience if friendly and almost feels like you are entering the home of a friend. Great hospitality!

AaronW2803, Manager at Flying V Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Thank you for your honest review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the steaks, seafood and service. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is part of the Lowe’s Ventana Resort ,A
,wonderful hotel in the foothills of the Catalina Mountains .
The most wonderful part of the meal is your server will create gualomole at your table . Amazing
The food is very creative and delicious served very well.
Atmosphere is friendly and warm to their customers .

AaronW2803, General Manager at Flying V Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you for your recent review. I greatly appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We were staying at the resort so selected this for dinner. To me it seemed that it posed as a high class restaurant and the prices certainly reflected. The location offers inside or outside dining but the views are certainly not the best in Tucson and the general ambiance including TV screens behind the bar didn't quite match its aspiration. The service was very attentive, there is a relatively limited menu but it covers a fair range. The wine selection was very good so that was a positive as was the home baked bread. My wife has the sea bass on a risoto which was very tasty but pricy considering the ingredients. I had a tuna but the seasoned crust was very hard and so spicy it completely destroyed the taste of the tuna. We didn't bother with deserts. We dine out a lot and in our view this was not worth the money

AaronW2803, General Manager at Flying V Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your standards. I am glad you enjoyed the wine list, house made green chili cheese cornbread and sea bass. We will be reaching out to you privately. Thank you again and I hope that you will join us again for dinner soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed dining at the Flying V on Friday night. The atmosphere was beautiful and the food was delicious and beautifully presented. Aaron, the General Manager, made us feel very welcome, Kelsey was an excellent and attentive server, Matti and Garry were friendly and efficient bussers, and Rachel did a wonderful job making our delicious tableside guacamole. The cornbread and agave butter at the beginning of the meal was a special treat. My husband said his tenderloin, mashed potatoes and asparagus were delicious. My jalapeno prickly pear margarita was beautiful. I loved the strawberry salad, ribs, and the beautiful smoked chocolate caramel tart that I ordered. It was a very special evening and we are looking forward to going back again and trying more things on the menu. We will definitely get the tableside guacamole again!

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your dining experience. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Aaron Wolf,

Been to Flying V Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!