2,375 results
All reviewslazy riversignature grilltequila toastgolf coursecatalina bbqmorning ritualself parkinghiking trailscity lightsoutdoor patioevery eveningmain poolbeautiful propertyfitness centerdesert museumprimosalud
Reviewed February 26, 2015

We stay at this property for 2 weeks every year and they've always been great, but this time they actually improved! Their customer service is truly outstanding. They treat you as a valued customer, and accomodate your needs cheerfully. Every morning the Girls in the hotel Starbucks - IZZY- ( the system insubordinator) Liz,Gabby and Mariah would zip through the line whipping up our morning buzz with a smile. After a couple of days Izzy remembered my name and my drink.
The front desk followed thru with request the 1st time, the door men and valet don't sweat it if you need to keep your car out front while you run in to do a few things, and the yoga class was excellent, as was the spa. We really got the feeling the staff love their jobs which is probably true since we see many of the same wait staff every year and they remember us. It just makes for such a nice experience. The grounds are beautiful and surrounded by Saguero Cactus which are awesome. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank tricia b
Reviewed February 25, 2015

I stayed at the Starr Pass for a week long conference. At the last minute, I decided to bring my four year old with me as his school was on winter break. I enrolled him for a half day in the kids club on the first day. He had so much fun going swimming with Katharine and doing craft activities that he asked to be enrolled for a full day on the next day. He loved it so much that he was annoyed anytime I would stop by to check on him. He loved making cards with Brittany and playing soccer with Isaac. He was the only kid enrolled that week so he had the place to himself. They staff the club at a 1:1 ratio anyway so they always get tons of attention. They have equipment to play soccer or take your child golfing. On the last day they packed a huge gift bag for him and several staff wrote out personal cards to my son telling him how much they enjoyed meeting him. By the end of the week, my son knew most of the staff in the resort by name and they knew him. He had a blast and is already looking forward to coming back. Thanks everyone for the wonderful week!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank ChuckLongMinneapolis
Reviewed February 25, 2015

I would highly recommend this resort hotel in Tuscon Arizona. It lies in the foothills of NW from the airport. The service is outstanding. Upon arrival you will notice a Guest Parking entrance. This is probably where your GPS will send you first. If you drive up further up the road it winds around the base of the mountain to the main entrance. We used Guest parking which is basically looped around the back.

The staff is outstanding. There are several restaurants on site. The food is the typical good quality resort style food. The views are spectacular from these restaurants. In the morning there is a hike available around 6:30 AM. At 7:30 AM there is a Native American Indian who provides a spiritual awakening session. The golf course featuring 27 holes is outstanding. However, it is a difficult course.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abe A
Reviewed February 24, 2015

Enjoyed our pampering and tailored service so much that Any travel out west with include a detour back to the Starr Pass!!! Top notch valet/Nicholas & outstanding Victoria O./guest services. Watched mule deer and coyote from our balcony in the morning while drinking coffee :-)

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank DivaWied
Reviewed February 21, 2015

After considerable research, we decided to spend a week at the Starr Pass resort. The overall stay was very good - the room was comfortable and spacious, service was friendly and helpful. We had a "signature view" - a private balcony overlooking the pool and mountains. What was odd about the balcony was that you could see anything when you were sitting down -you had to stand to take in the view.

It's what you would expect from a resort, but there were a couple of things that were surprising. One - the pool area. There was no pool area that was exclusively adult, so what that meant was having to listen to kids screaming all day long - or kids running between the pool and the jacuzzi with no adult supervision. I passed by one jacuzzi and saw a bunch of smaller kids in it with an adult - not my idea of relaxation. In one end of the pool, parents were in the water with infants and toddlers, making me wonder if anyone was paying attention to see if the kids were wearing appropriate swimwear to be in a pool (that sorta turned my stomach). The lazy river area was a little quieter (surprisingly, but I think the water slide wasn't working so that might've been the reason families stayed away).

My wife used the spa and was told upon arrival that the outside hot tub wasn't working and the spa closed at 5. Since her appointment was for 4pm, it didn't give her much of a chance to use the spa facilities. When she mentioned this the next day, they were nice enough to give her a spa credit to use while we were staying there.

We participated in the Native American sage burning that was held each morning at 7:30 - it was a terrific way to start the day - Larry RedHouse led the ceremony and gave us insight to the desert and the ritual.

The restaurants were nice - pricey - food was above average and the servers were very friendly. Primo was the better choice between the two - more affordable choices.

The resort fee is obnoxious - it did include Wifi and parking, but at $30 a day - really? WiFi is free in most places these days, and we self-parked. It's not like we were in NYC and parking is at a premium - there were plenty of places to park. You think by booking through a travel site that you are saving a bunch of money until you get whacked with a fee that drives the package up another $100/pp.

All said, the experience was very good and most likely we would return,

Room Tip: If you want a balcony, ask for one with rails - the signature view room we had was more expensive but you couldn't see anything on the balcony unless you were standing up.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple