All reviews breakfasts were great lovely home local attractions have stayed here several times a wonderful stay our room was spacious stayed nights tombstone
Reviewed March 20, 2017 via mobile

Our second visit to Sam Hughes Inn was every bit as enjoyable as the first. The Inn is beautifully maintained in every detail and our warm and friendly hostess, Susan, ensures all comforts are provided. The Santa Fe room is roomy and private with direct access to the spacious, calming courtyard. Anticipating breakfast each day is a treat. Susan is very accommodating to any special dietary concerns guests may have. There are several restaurants in easy walking distance and the historic neighbourhood itself is a great place for walks. Enjoy your stay at Sam Hughes. You won't be disappointed! Oh, did I mention Rosie? Her ever wagging tail will bring a smile to your face

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed November 9, 2016

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Tucson at Sam Hughes Inn during our visit there in late October. Susan is a gracious and caring host.The beautiful,quaint and centrally located Inn serves delicious breakfast each morning to start your day. Do stay there on your next visit to the city.

Room Tip: We had the large Santa Fe room and found it nice and quiet, opening on to the lovely garden
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
samhughesinn, Owner at Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2016

Thank you, Muna & Zainab. I hope the rest of your trip was fun and that you are now back home with a little snow to welcome you. Susan

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Breakfast was the highlight. Coffee available early. Chose this for location (within walking distance to the stadium). Large bathroom, stocked with toiletries and a blow dryer. Off street free parking available. Bedroom had comfortable bed, armour to hang up clothes, bed side desks on both sides of the bed with plenty of electrical outlets to charge phones/computers. Also available: laptop and printer in a small library, large den with a large screen TV, backyard oasis.

Room Tip: Private bungalow in backyard
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2016

My recent visit to my hometown of Tucson, Arizona was greatly enhanced by my experience of staying at the Sam Hughes Inn Bed & Breakfast. Susan Banner, the proprietor, is accommodating and friendly, doing everything possible to ensure that our visit was comfortable and enjoyable. The inn on a quiet street near the University of Arizona is beautifully decorated in Southwest style, and centrally located. The neighborhood is perfect for long walks. Our room was comfortable and well-appointed. The garden is beautifully-maintained, with plenty of tables and chairs, a fountain, and many desert trees, plants and flowers to enjoy. It is quiet, peaceful and relaxing. The breakfasts for me were the culinary highlights of our stay. On the last morning of our visit Susan was kind enough to pack a brown bag breakfast for us, as we were leaving for the airport well before breakfast time. I will plan to stay at the Sam Hughes Inn whenever my travels take me back to Tucson.

Room Tip: I have stayed in two of the four rooms, and both are charming, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2016

I really enjoyed my stay in a cute little house in the back courtyard of this B&B. The B&B has a lovely fountain with a place to sit and read and relax in the backyard, and it's just a block or so from the university. Super quiet, peaceful, and convenient.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business